Senior Product Manager at NielsenIQ (Chicago, IL)
Think about the billions of purchases that consumers make every single day around the world. Imagine trying to make sense of the trillions of data points that represent these purchases. From a family doing online shopping for household essentials to a quick run to the supermarket, NielsenIQ is measuring the entire consumer path to purchase.
NielsenIQ Product Leadership develops and drives forward our product strategy for NielsenIQ data. From panel and retail measurement to the Connected System platform, and our suites of applications, NielsenIQ Product Leadership defines the market opportunities that shape our products that clients use to make strategic business decisions.
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
If you’re a Product Manager interested in Platform as a Service and Technology innovation in the Retail & Manufacturing industry, this is the opportunity for you. You’ll be at the heart of creating scalable platform tools that bring NielsenIQ’s data to the heart of the decisions our clients make every day.
In this role, you will prioritize, define, and then build the platform services to securely enable the delivery and usage of the data from our central cloud ecosystem, enabling business intelligence tools/applications, extracts, and cloud sharing delivery to clients, and client developer self-service suite of APIs for data access. You’ll collaborate with a team of product, technology (app dev and architecture), operations, and commercial leaders to define product features and generate/maintain detailed requirements to ensure your product meets evolving client and industry needs. These tools will be used globally for Retailer and CPG/FMCG Manufacturers, from the largest companies in the world to small local ones.
You will contribute to building out our next generation Connect platform, which is the center of NielsenIQ’s technology evolution to enable rapid innovation at scale to solve clients’ needs profitably.
In your role, you would:
- Own the roadmap and strategy for your product(s), following the full product development life cycle
- Provide product domain expertise on the product strategy, technical implementation, and operational process
- Evangelize the product(s) with internal stakeholders and clients as subject matter expert on the product
- Lead a team to develop user stories, requirements, and roadmaps based on market and user experience research
- Work with your scrum team(s) under the agile methodology to plan, execute, and deploy features and functions.
- Manage the backlog, prioritization of features, value vs. complexity tradeoffs, and cross-functional dependencies/risks
- Ensure end to end product definition and delivery of solutions
- Be responsible for user acceptance testing as a proxy for internal and external clients, as they match your user journey
- Able to articulate the product strategy, technical implementation, and operational process
- Work with internal users, external customers and usage data to validate the effectiveness and success of your product.
We are looking for people with:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in a Product role, with previous experience in a Technology, Operations, or Data Science role
- Solid ability to present information in the simplest and most compelling way
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to influence key stakeholders and interface with clients
- Solid experience in data and database modeling
- Experience in Platform and or cloud services is a plus
- Experience in FMCG and/or Retail industry is a plus
- Good understanding of technical concepts, services and implementations
- Excited to ideate on new challenges while simultaneously diving into the details
- Ability to form a point of view on the client benefits for your products and services and the value to NielsenIQ, connecting them to the design principles and articulating them to others
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and flexible environment where no two days are the same
- Enjoys working in the gray or unknown - defining the undefined, challenging the status quo, and solving uncharted business challenges
- Passion for using data to inform decisions and to advocate for our users
DOES THIS ROLE SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY TODAY!Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.