What you'll do :
- With Director of Product, Learning, and based on company OKRs and product organization strategies, continually develop the vision for core learning product offerings within our subscription membership on web and apps; Provides input for company-level strategic planning
- Lead a product pod team that is organized around a key area of the product - a pod team consists of engineers, designers, and data experts, and execute on the team’s tactical roadmap; the pod team works with key cross-functional teammates from partner departments to collect inputs to inform development, and to provide outputs that impact the business at large
- Develop and maintain a prioritized items on the roadmap that aims to increase and improve customer activation, engagement, and retention; Partner with product manager peers to assure a consistent experience across web and apps
- Invest in user research and related customer-facing data for insight generation that informs product area tactics and strategies
- Work in an integral partnership with product design, foundational and product engineering, data, and related department teams in reaching goals and delivering both business impact and customer value
- Write user stories, specifications, manage project execution, data feature validation, analytics event confirmations, design, run & interpret A/B tests, wireframe, and define product roll-out strategies
- Manage JIRA tickets, plan sprints, and assess team efficiencies and overall development velocity
- Manage projects with partners and customers, identifying specific product needs and ensuring adoption
- Effectively communicate the vision of the product area, and related roadmap to senior leadership
- Work closely and collaboratively with content, operations, brand, and marketing departments and develop a customer-centric roadmaps
- Develop and maintain a continual understanding of competitors in the market, and identify where Skillshare can innovate & pull ahead
Why we're excited about you:
- Preferred 4+ years of product management experience or related business experience
- Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence amongst stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams to drive results
- Strong cross-functional communication skills; Ability to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to stakeholders, product managers, engineering, data analytics and business partners
- Strong user experience + data/research intuition, with past experience building customer-centric product lines
- Analytical know-how, fully comfortable with data digging & analysis, and curiosity into growing business markets
- Possess strong decision-making and prioritization skills; have experience overseeing and managing complex technical roadmaps
- Experience deriving and presenting insights to business leaders
- Preferred experience having built content-centric, marketplace, and/or e-learning or other continuous learning products
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: We believe product led growth is the key to growing our business, and you’ll be one of our key deciders on how we do it
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.