Senior Product Manager at Skillshare (Remote)
What you'll do :
- With VP of Product, and based on company OKRs and product organization strategies, be the tactical product lead for our emerging Marketplace product line, where Skillshare is expanding its toolset that empowers education creators to reach a wide audience, sell learning services, and earn revenue.
- Be the key on-staff product expert on creator economy tools and practices – develop product strategies that aim to expand and grow Skillshare's capabilities in this industry; actively discover what will make both sellers and buyers satisfied.
- Lead a product pod - a pod team consists of engineers, designers, and data experts. Together, they execute on the tactical roadmap for a product line; the pod team works with key cross-functional teammates from partner departments to collect market & customer inputs to make evidence-based decisions and to provide outputs that impact the business at large.
- Define what success looks like – work in an integral partnership with product design, foundational and product engineering, data, and related department teams in reaching goals and delivering both business impact and customer value.
- Chart a clear, ambitious vision – develop and maintain a prioritized roadmap that aims to increase and improve customer acquisition, engagement, and retention around aspects of the product line; Effectively communicate the vision of the product area, and related roadmap to senior leadership.
- Know our customers and how we sit in the market – Invest in user research and related customer-facing data for insight generation that informs product strategies and tactics.
- Execute on product efforts expertly – Write user stories, requirements and specifications, manage project execution, data & feature validation; Manage JIRA tickets, plan sprints, and assess team efficiencies and overall development velocity; Manage projects with partners and customers, identifying specific product needs and ensuring adoption; Design, run & interpret A/B tests, wireframe, and define product roll-out strategies.
- Be ahead of the curve – develop and maintain a continual understanding of competitors in the market, and identify where Skillshare can innovate & pull ahead
Why we're excited about you:
- 5+ years of product management experience and/or related business experience; Business analysis know-how preferred, curiosity into growing business markets with experience deriving and presenting insights to business leaders.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills; Ability to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to stakeholders, product designers, engineers, data scientists, and business partners.
- Comprehensive understanding of qualitative and quantitative research & analytical methods - fully comfortable with data digging.
- Possess strong decision-making and prioritization skills, with extensive experience working with engineers while overseeing and managing complex technical roadmaps.
- Strong intuition into how creation tools power viable customer experiences. Extensive understanding of the creator economy preferred, with experience having built content-centric, tools-based, two-sided marketplace products.
- Huge plus: Zero-to-one product discovery and delivery experience.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: We believe product led growth is the key to growing our business, and you’ll be one of our key deciders on how we do it
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.