The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
We recommend looking at our company page, the product handbook, and our product categories to get started.
- Drive the product in the right direction
- Build an effective roadmap to prioritize important features properly
- Take high-level feature proposals and customer problems and break them into small iterations that engineering can work on
- Balance new features, improvements, and bugfixes to ensure a high velocity and a stable product
- Consider the business impact, ROI, and other implications when taking important decisions
- Take an active role in defining the future
- Contribute to the product vision, together with the Head of Product and VP of Product
- Create and maintain a vision for your product area
- Create and maintain the vision for each product category
- Innovate within your product area by proposing ambitious features
- Follow innovation in your product area
- Communicate and evangelize your product vision internally and among the wider community
- Manage the product lifecycle end-to-end
- Follow feature development end-to-end; provide guidance and feedback to engineers and designers; ensure everyone is aligned
- Be the voice of the customer and the subject-matter expert for your group
- Contribute to documentation, blog posts, demos, and marketing materials for product features
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX, and engineers in cross-area features to build a single application
- Manage the uncertainty in an efficient way, adjusting plans to new working conditions
- Engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
- Assist Sales, Support, Customer Success, and Marketing as the subject-matter expert for your area
- Talk to customers and engage with the community regularly
- Engage with analysts on briefings and product evaluations
- Work with the entire Product team to share improvements and best practices
- A team of engineers: you will take the lead in decisions about the product, but not manage the people implementing it
- Capacity planning: you will define priorities, but the Engineering Manager evaluates the amount of work possible
- Shipping in time: you will work in a group, but the group is responsible for shipping in time, not you
- Experience in Product Management
- Understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of the DevOps tool market
- Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, deployed and operated
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You enjoy working all-remote
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Strong understanding of DevOps and cloud-native application architectures, deployment and operations
- Bonus points: significant experience building successful DevOps tools
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
Delivery & Scalability
We're looking for a Product Manager to work closely with our Delivery and Scalability teams, which are responsible for the operational aspects of our multi-tenant SaaS service, GitLab.com. This role will involve defining the future of how GitLab delivers and operates software on multi-tenant SaaS systems.
- Strong technical and software architecture foundation.
- Practical understanding of what it takes to operate SaaS applications at scale.
- Familiarity with the full DevOps lifecycle and effective implementations.
We're looking for a Product Manager to define GitLab's long-term scalability strategy both for our GitLab.com SaaS platform and self-managed customers. This role is critical to define key customer requirements, for example increased service availability or support for multiple regions and then work with some of the best and most senior engineers at GitLab to execute on that strategy, for example by possibly implementing a Pod-like architecture.
- Experience working on scalability challenges for SaaS platforms and/or self-managed platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate complex requirements into actionable iterations.
- Confident working with executive stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team.
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the future of developer tools. Specifically, building importers that our customers find valuable, reliable and easy to use, thereby removing friction for migrating to GitLab and creating a more positive first impression when adopting GitLab.
- Experience with import/export/migration features and functionality.
- Experience with competitor products.
We're looking for a Product Manager who can help us empower our users to leverage open source software with confidence by giving them the tools they need to secure their OSS components and meet OSS license compliance requirements.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and automated security testing.
- Practical understanding of deployment infrastructure and container technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of DevOps and cloud-native application development.
- Bonus points: Significant prior experience with software composition analysis.
Are you a Product Manager who loves data? Are you interested in being at the nexus of GitLab's internal product data AND our building out of tools that enable our customers to derive insights from their product usage data? We're looking for a product manager to join our Analytics section who can help us mature our product usage data set to enable better decision making across the entire company while also building on top of GitLab's built in Product Analytics capabilities to complete the outer DevOps loop.
- Strong analytical skills, including an ability to translate business needs back to underlying data sets and structures.
- Previous experience building scalable data and analytics products.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including Executive level communication.
- Experience balancing cross-functional stakeholder collaboration across GTM, Engineering, and Product teams.
- Experience with Developer, Product and Data Analysis personas and the markets for tools that support these personas.
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the next generation of cloud compute options to provide developers with a zero-friction, secure, highly performant, and reliable CI/CD build experience.
- Strong understanding of DevOps, CI/CD, and cloud providers.
- Practical understanding of container technologies including Docker, AWS, Kubernetes, Azure, and GCP.
We're looking for a Product Manager to cover the Package stage of our DevOps lifecycle. This candidate will work specifically on building out packaging categories and features such as Docker container registry and binary artifact management.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and package management.
- Understanding of the complexity of managing multi-artifact application deployment.
- Practical understanding of deployment infrastructure and container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
We're looking for a Product Manager to drive improvements to the responsiveness and scalability of GitLab, and establish best practices for performance oriented development. This role will involve proactively identifying and prioritizing performance hotspots, leading needed architectural changes for additional scalability and efficiency, and delivering improvements to our development process for writing performant code.
- An understanding of how complex applications function, and an ability to think systematically about application flows.
- Strong analytical skills, and a quantitative approach to incremental performance improvements.
- Ability to translate best practices into product changes for GitLab.
- Hands-on experience with databases, caching strategies, and web applications.
- Product Handbook
- Engineering Workflow
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, selected candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with a Group Manager, Product
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a panel interview with an Engineering Manager and Product Designer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a Deep Dive interview with a Senior or Principal Product Manager
- Finally, selected candidates will be invited to interview with a Director or Sr. Director, Product
- Candidates may be asked to meet with additional team members at the manager's discretion
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.