GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
We recommend looking at our company page, the product handbook, and our product categories to get started.
- Drive the product in the right direction
- Build an effective roadmap to prioritize important features properly
- Take high-level feature proposals and customer problems and break them into small iterations that engineering can work on
- Balance new features, improvements, and bugfixes to ensure a high velocity and a stable product
- Consider the business impact, ROI, and other implications when taking important decisions
- Take an active role in defining the future
- Contribute to the product vision, together with the Head of Product and VP of Product
- Create and maintain a vision for your product area
- Create and maintain the vision for each product category
- Innovate within your product area by proposing ambitious features
- Follow innovation in your product area
- Communicate and evangelize your product vision internally and among the wider community
- Manage the product lifecycle end-to-end
- Follow feature development end-to-end; provide guidance and feedback to engineers and designers; ensure everyone is aligned
- Be the voice of the customer and the subject-matter expert for your group
- Contribute to documentation, blog posts, demos, and marketing materials for product features
- Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX, and engineers in cross-area features to build a single application
- Manage the uncertainty in an efficient way, adjusting plans to new working conditions
- Engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
- Assist Sales, Support, Customer Success, and Marketing as the subject-matter expert for your area
- Talk to customers and engage with the community regularly
- Engage with analysts on briefings and product evaluations
- Work with the entire Product team to share improvements and best practices
- A team of engineers: you will take the lead in decisions about the product, but not manage the people implementing it
- Capacity planning: you will define priorities, but the Engineering Manager evaluates the amount of work possible
- Shipping in time: you will work in a group, but the group is responsible for shipping in time, not you
- Experience in Product Management
- Understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of the DevOps tool market
- Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, deployed and operated
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You enjoy working all-remote
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Strong understanding of DevOps and cloud-native application architectures, deployment and operations
- Bonus points: significant experience building successful DevOps tools
- Bonus points: experience with GitLab
- Bonus points: experience in working with open source projects
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the future of developer tools. Specifically, building out our lovable support for GitLab by driving strategy around git, source code management, code review, and the developer experience.
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Knowledge of the developer tool space and workflows
- Practical understanding of source code management tools such as GitHub, Phabricator, or Gerrit
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the future of DevOps tools; specifically, building out continuous integration (CI), code quality analysis, micro-service testing, usability testing, and more.
- Strong understanding of DevOps, CI/CD, and Release Automation
- Practical understanding of container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
We're looking for a Product Manager to drive the strategy for GitLab as a platform. Ecosystem's goal is to make integrating with, extending the functionality of, or contributing to GitLab accessible to all of our users.
- Experience building products where developers and 3rd party systems are the primary customers
- Familiarity with technologies that facilitate system integration including SDKs, APIs and Webhooks
- Understanding of the DevOps lifecycle tools and integrations is a plus
- First-hand experience in software engineering and architecture
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the future of developer tools. Specifically, building out our lovable support for GitLab by driving strategy to help organizations prosper with workspace functionality that enables them to manage Gitlab for their organization.
- Understanding of permissions and separation of duties
- Knowledge of the Authentication and Authorization space, such as: SAML, LDAP, OAuth, IdAAS, SSO, SCIM
We're looking for a Product Manager that can help us work on the future of developer tools. Specifically, building out our lovable support for GitLab by driving strategy to help organizations prosper with Observability and Value Stream Analytics. This role takes advantage of the GitLab's end-to-end DevOps platform and help our users understand the efficiency of their DevOps processes and identify bottlenecks and waste as well as learn best practices from high performing teams.
- Strong understanding of DevOps and cloud-native application development
- Understanding of Analytics and Metrics
We're looking for a Product Manager to improve our disaster recovery, global performance, and backup and restore capabilities. GitLab is a business-critical application and keeping GitLab available even when things go wrong is critical to the success of our customers. Your goal is to build robust, scalable and easy to use solutions that help systems administrators stay within their business continuity targets (RTO and RPO) and to ensure that GitLab's users have a great user experience wherever they are located.
- Experience building business-critical applications, such as backup solutions, disaster recovery, highly-available systems.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate complex requirements into actionable iterations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Experience in agile best practices is a plus
- Product Handbook
- Engineering Workflow
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, selected candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with a Group Manager, Product
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with an Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a Deep Dive interview with a Senior or Principal Product Manager
- Finally, selected candidates will be invited to interview with a Director or Sr. Director, Product
- Candidates may be asked to meet with additional team members at the manager's discretion
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.