Senior Product Manager, Teens & Families at Cash App (Remote)
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We've been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees' creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
At Cash App we are constantly building new financial services to advance our mission of economic empowerment. We're looking for a customer-obsessed Product Manager for our newly formed Families team that is on a mission to foster financial freedom for teens and their families. Our product leaders are deeply customer-focused, collaborate intensely with other key disciplines, and always make decisions with an eye towards Cash App's business as a whole. Successful product managers are ambitious and resourceful -- willing to do whatever it takes to empower our teams, and deliver as much value as possible to our customers.
In this role you will:
- Drive the strategy, tactics, and delivery timelines for Cash App Families features
- Identify opportunities and develop perspectives on the most impactful things we should be building for our customers, and then they go do the work required to build those experiences
- Drive effective cross-functional partnership; constantly inspiring and influencing colleagues in Operations, Marketing, Brand, Business, Legal, Compliance, Support, and other Product areas in order to deliver on their goals and maximize impact
Overall, if you are looking for a role where you can have massive impact and a wide scope, you'll find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding.
- 6+ years of product management or equivalent experience
- Passionate about Fintech
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Strong business sense and analytical skill
- Ability to earn trust from and lead a high performing cross-functional team
- A humble and scrappy get-it-done mindset; you're resourceful and in your element going from 0 to 1
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful product & business problems
- Experience driving complex, cross-functional product initiatives in a successful way
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.