Product managers set the vision for our growing family of products. We’re responsible for guiding multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: shipping high quality products and creating business value. As advocates for both our users and our business, the best product managers balance a range of functional perspectives and empower their teams to do great, high impact work.
Dropbox runs one of the largest search capabilities in the world with billions of documents. As a Senior Product Manager for Search Foundations, you’ll work with an experienced team of engineers to own the middle and lower half of Dropbox’s search stack and raise the bar on infrastructure, indexing, serving, and relevance. You’ll also partner with a world class team of Product Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Analysts, and Marketers to understand how to keep Dropbox’s search technology on the cutting edge while support our expanding scale.Responsibilities
- Drive a critical product vision, strategy, and roadmap that delivers step-function improvement in Dropbox’s search platform and infrastructure to accelerate development of cutting edge Search features for Dropbox products
- Engage and cultivate relationships with product and platform partners to influence shared cross-team directions and manage risks or trade-offs.
- Communicate clearly and crisply with leadership stakeholders and drive alignment across multiple teams and organizations through formal operational processes and in scrappy ways.
- Become the owner of Search infrastructure at Dropbox, working with technical leaders to ensure that Dropbox’s underlying search technology is competitive and ahead of the curve with customers’ emerging needs.
- 5+ years of product management or related industry experience
- Significant previous experience with crafting, building, managing, scaling search technology; ideally at a SaaS or e-commerce company
- Ability to deeply understand industry trends, search platforms and products, and competitive advantages
- Proven ability to work with diverse engineering teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Passion to understand internal stakeholder needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems
- Strong analytical skills to make data-driven decisions utilizing combination of quantitative insights, market research, and product intuition
- Excels at communicating with team, partners, and executives with clarity, salience, and urgency