Senior Product Manager, Revenue (B2C Products) at Coursera
| Peninsula | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:39 p.m. (CST) on Monday, December 20, 2021
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 92 million registered learners as of Sept. 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Revenue team. In this role, you will own the vision, strategy, and roadmap to support Coursera’s B2C product offerings (projects, courses, specializations, and certificates). You will also be responsible for maximizing discovery, activation, and conversion of our paid product offerings.
You will collaborate with engineering, design, research, data science, program management and university partnerships teams to contribute to the development of product roadmap. You will also be working with the partnerships teams to pitch and demo the product value proposition of Certificates to global universities. Finally, you’ll be in close collaboration with marketing, enrollment, and growth product teams to ensure the successful growth of the Certificates product.
- Drive short-term and long-term product vision for Coursera’s B2C revenue products. Create product strategy and translate strategy into actionable roadmaps and requirements. Align internal and external stakeholders on priorities and roadmap
- Lead cross-functional teams of data scientists, designers and engineers to build useful, delightful, and impactful consumer experiences
- Understand external customer jobs to be done and internal stakeholder business priorities that rely on core content and authoring to build or enhance Certificate product features
- Determine learner and educator needs by evaluating data, gathering feedback, and conducting research
- Ship impactful product features on time and in scope through solid execution and making smart tradeoffs in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment involving close collaboration with engineering, design, research, data, services, marketing, and sales teams
- Ensure successful product launches with go-to-market activities and post-launch analysis to inform future product direction
- Ability to lead through influence and align stakeholders around product decisions
- 5+ years of product management experience with direct responsibility over the success of a consumer-facing product or product area
- Prior experience in building products for educators or content creators on a platform or marketplace
- Technical background and/or empathy for engineers, and strong communication skills
- Experience in building well-designed products that solve real-world user needs and deliver significant business impact
- Direct experience in scaling platform-level capabilities that serve multiple use cases
- Has worked in highly cross-functional projects with the ability to align disparate stakeholders and set realistic expectations amongst competing priorities
- Business analytical and structured thinking. Data-driven with a strong focus on achieving engagement, loyalty, conversions, and growth through planning and experimentation
- Excellent consumer intuition as demonstrated by shipping consumer products or services
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Critical Thinking in Global Challenges
- Software Product Management
- High Performance Collaboration: Leadership, Teamwork, and Negotiation
- Build a Product Roadmap with Aha!
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.
Read Full Job Description