Our mission to deliver transparent financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are growing our product lines and becoming a global company. We're just getting started, and we're looking for a strong Senior Product Manager to take on this big challenge!
Our Consumer servicing and repayments team is responsible for delivering a premier post loan experience that delights the customer. As our Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for identifying levers and come up with innovative product experiences, conduct funnel analysis and improve the delinquency part of the repayments funnel. The team is in an outstanding position to experiment with business levers and focus on growing collections from delinquent users. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and carrying out a product strategy, and delivering impactful experiences to our customers globally. The successful candidate will be able to collaborate with a team of engineers and deliver tangible results in a fast-paced environment. The right candidate will be able to platformize the experiences to set up Affirm for global expansion.
What You'll Do
- Understand Affirm users at a deep level -- what's meaningful to them, what are their constraints and challenges, what drives their decision making with respect to repayments and collections, why they love Affirm, and what they wish we could do better
- Build self-service user experiences significantly improve the collections
- Drive customer comms strategy to proactively get in touch with customers and improve their collections experience
- Work with analytics team to measure ongoing success of the product area and report to the leadership team
- Be an authority on industry trends of consumer credit, payments, e-commerce, and apply the knowledge to shape the roadmap
- Understand the levers to optimize the collections conversion funnel and utilize the available levers to improve conversion
- Build platform solutions to enable collections with minimal effort in new markets.
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate customer problems and drive alignment with cross-functional teams and leadership
- Experience managing technical software products from kick-off to post-launch
- An experimentation mindset to come up with hypotheses, test them quickly and ship the features globally
- Excellent at identifying and prioritizing high impact initiatives
- A scrappy, get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Excellent at establishing cross-functional relationships, tapping into those relationships and drive consensus to make progress
- Very good at influencing leadership and cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with SQL and Spreadsheets for product analysis
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.