Senior Product Manager (Remote Option) at Balsam Brands
Are you looking to help drive the evolution of the Product Management function for a leading global eCommerce DTC retailer? Balsam Brands is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to help us develop customer centric experiences, features, and products that will bring joy to our customers while also building and improving our internal processes. Leveraging our tools, technology platforms, and Agile methodologies, you will work with cross-functional partners to bring our product enhancements into reality. In addition to leading the execution of our Product Management initiatives, you will partner directly with the Director of Product Management to define, implement, and evolve the Product Management function and team internally. You will get the chance to dig into both immediate critical enhancements as well as long-term strategic initiatives that have a significant impact on the business. Our team is looking for someone who thrives on developing the plan and executing on it and is a skilled collaborator/communicator.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management. This role can work remote from anywhere in the U.S. or locally in our Boise, ID office location.
What you’ll do:
- Define story maps, author user stories, tasks, and bugs with a customer-centric eye
- Function as product owner, maintaining well‐groomed backlogs; actively manage expectations by communicating statuses and turnaround times
- Lead/participate in Agile ceremonies, and daily Scrums, facilitate backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint review discussions
- Partner with technology and business analysts to dissect requirements and understand risks and dependencies
- In-depth understanding and communication of the impact functional changes may have on the business
- Data analysis using GA, Power BI, and Crazy Egg to understand user behavior and identify opportunities
- Perform competitive analysis and market research to inform features that support future growth
- Propose and prioritize features based on user and business impact; utilize analytics to determine prioritization and develop timelines that account for dependencies and resources
- Become an SAP Commerce platform expert, building a deep understanding of the capabilities of this tool and our implementation. Plan and participate in the upgrade cycle, understanding the value, risk, and level of effort associated with different versions and leveraging their capabilities
- Partner with business stakeholders, UX, project management, and our technical team to help build out a multi-year roadmap for ecommerce development. Research and select features that support user and business needs. Develop timelines that account for dependencies and resources
- Anticipate the impact of functionality changes on business users and account for this in requirements to development. Partner with the business to update, document, and train on new business processes as needed
- Support existing third-party tools (PIM, DAM) and select and onboard new tools to drive business. Evaluate providers against requirements, select the best solution, and manage ongoing vendor relationships
You’ll be successful if:
- You have a customer-centric mindset and operate with empathy and diplomacy
- You enjoy working collaboratively to drive a better customer experience
- You have experience building teams and processes enabling a more efficient and flexible workplace
- You are comfortable communicating a differing viewpoint to leaders, business owners, and cross-functional partners
- You have an unrelenting desire to understand how things work
- You love to learn about the techniques and technologies that drive great eCommerce sites
- You enjoy mapping systems, diagramming flows, and identifying key scenarios
- You enjoy coming up with creative solutions to difficult challenges
- You possess the ability to dive into feature tradeoffs based on engineering constraints one hour, and then eloquently describe the business benefits of those features the next hour
What you bring to the table:
- 8 + years of experience in Product Management for a B2C eCommerce site
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering/computer science a plus; Graduate degree or MBA a plus
- Proven history of helping build and evolve teams and processes
- Experience working with front-end and back-end development teams with an understanding of Headless framework with Microservices based architecture
- Experience writing user stories in support of the Agile development process
- Ability to coach team members and cross functional business partners in best practices of product management and agile processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent project-management skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while supporting several parallel projects simultaneously
- Experience with SAP Commerce or NetSuite a plus
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Us: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: https://bit.ly/balsambrandsforbes
- Balsam Brands on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/balsam-brands/
At Balsam Brands, we strive to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For permanent, full-time team members, this includes:
- Competitive compensation, including a cash-based incentive plan
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, with 100% of insurance costs covered for team members, and 85% covered for dependents
- Medical, transit, dependent care FSA
- Company-paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to $4,000
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and other mental health and wellness perks
- Paid holidays, annual shutdown week, PTO, and volunteer time-off (VTO) packages
- Annual continuous learning benefit up to $1,000 per person, per fiscal year
- Valuable extras: identity theft protection, subsidized parking, subsidized gym membership
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Estimated target salary range for this full-time role performed in Colorado is $135,000 – 175,000 plus all benefits outlined above.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected statusAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.