Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
The Opendoor product team is seeking an experienced Product Manager to help define and build our real estate platform that will drive a lot of operational and customer capabilities across the Opendoor experience.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define the real estate services product roadmap, set metrics that inform the success of our efforts, and drive cross-functional efforts to achieve success
- Build world-class capabilities that automate tasks and provides Opendoor operators and customers an efficient technology-aided experience for tasks requiring human judgment
- Identify and understand from the right set of quantitative and qualitative metrics the opportunities Opendoor should be focussing on to make the maximum impact
- Partner with engineering, operations, user research to collaborate and eventually ship impact
- Lead efforts in creating artifacts, memos that will help the cross-functional team arrive at a shared vision and also act as modes of communication about the plans of the home operations product team across the organization
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of experience building technology platform capabilities within engineering
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills: Written, verbal, and visual
- Demonstrated capabilities executing end-to-end quantitative and qualitative customer research and effectively identifying and interpreting key findings
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with data science, engineering, user research, and different business functions
- Self-starter and ability to build and operate initiatives from scratch
- A knack for balancing multiple projects at the same time
- Self-driven and motivated to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description