Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Project Catalog Team. Launched in January 2021, Project Catalog is a new way for businesses and independent talent to work together instantly on the Upwork marketplace.
As a Senior Product Manager of Catalog, you will drive significant impact to drive Catalog’s rapid growth. You will work with an established team of developers, designers and marketers on scaling our marketplace through product experiences that delight our users. You will use customer insights and data to build a results-oriented roadmap and work hands-on with design and engineering to execute, test and learn quickly.Your responsibilities:
- Lead the strategy and roadmap to build fabulous user experiences for Freelancers and Clients to start a relationship on Upwork
- Champion your ideas and product vision to internal stakeholders, creating alignment that drives cross-functional prioritization decisions
- Partner closely with our talent and internal research, analytics and customer success teams to deeply understand and evangelize our customer problems
- Take an analytical approach to understand drivers of our supply / demand dynamics
- Establish success metrics, be outcome driven, Test and measure everything, take ownership of the results, track critical metrics and use them to drive decision-making about what's next
- Seek long-standing and difficult user problems by breaking down fundamental assumptions and going back to the basics
- Three (3)+ years of consistent track record as a product manager in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience working with two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses and working to execute with cross-functional teams - Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, and Operations
- Passion for building high quality product experiences and design sense to solve complex UI/UX design challenges
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data.
- Flexibility to adapt to high growth, early-stage environments
- Deep emotional intelligence for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels
- Ability to build a sense of belonging for distributed teams.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.