Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
We are hiring a Product Manager to help build the systems and algorithms we use to price our homes. Pricing is central to Opendoor and critical to our success. We’re building systems to tackle financial, engineering, and data science challenges that have never been automated before, requiring creative and disciplined product leadership.
Pricing products at Opendoor include everything from our core home valuation models, to operator-facing pricing tools, to resale simulation systems. Human-centered design thinking, machine learning, data engineering, operational excellence, and field research are all part of our toolkit as we work to deliver highly accurate, reliable, and scalable pricing systems. We work closely with our pricing operators, with a heavy emphasis on improving systems through human-in-the-loop approaches. Our team has a massive impact on our profitability, growth, and overall brand and reputation.
- Create and improve home pricing systems, algorithms, and tools
- Work with and inspire a world-class engineering, data science, and operations team
- Identify and break down complex business problems into solvable pieces
- Guide the team in making intelligent and pragmatic trade-offs
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of our products
- Establish shared vision across the company for pricing and oversee roadmap development and execution
- Spending 2-3 days in San Francisco approximately once or twice per quarter
- Spending 2-3 days in Phoenix or another Opendoor market approximately once per quarter
This role is open to remote candidates, who can be based in any state where Opendoor currently operates. If you are not based in San Francisco (Opendoor headquarters), you should expect the following, when business travel is safe again:
- 4+ years professional product management experience, including delivery of entire products start to finish
- 2+ years building data infrastructure products OR algorithm-powered products (such as Pricing, Risk, Fraud, Search, or Ads)
- Deep experience collaborating with data scientists, engineers, and operators
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills; experience setting, monitoring, and improving key metrics
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- A strong sense of ownership for everything you ship
- Passion for and understanding of machine learning, statistics, and/or econometrics
- Passion for and understanding of complex financial products
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Read Full Job Description