Senior Product Manager - Payments Experience at Cleo - Fintech (Remote)
We strongly encourage applications from people of colour, the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities, neurodivergent people, parents, carers, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate your specific situation, please let us know.
You can also see our latest DE&I report here
Most people come to Cleo to do work that matters. Every day, we fight for the world’s financial health, building a beloved AI that empowers people to make better financial decisions.
Backed by some of the most well-known investors in tech, we’ve reached over 4 million users and plan to double that number each year...which is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us on our mission to fight for the world's financial health by building a flawless payments experience for our users. You will be responsible for delivering the industry's most beloved experience when customers pay and spend. As Cleo grows rapidly, builds new products, and onboards more and more users, you will take the lead on ensuring that the payments experience works uniquely for users by collaborating with teams from across Cleo.
You’ll be leading a team of adaptable, creative and product-focused engineers and product designers who ship working software quickly. We understand our customers, we understand their pain, and we are passionate about helping them.
Life as a Senior Product Manager at Cleo
- You’ll be reporting directly to our Product Lead, building a payment experience designed around our customers with the chance to learn from and collaborate with some impressive product managers
- You’ll be leading by example; not only will you lead a product team, but you’ll be hands on and responsible for a core element of the entire Cleo product
- You’ll be ensuring our users needs are always at the heart of what we’re building, working with our talented user research team, and getting hands on yourself
- You’ll be responsible for leading a team of engineers, product analysts and designers with the power to really make things happen
- You’ll be defining which projects we need to prioritise and setting a timeline to hit those goals quickly
- You’ll be scaling things quickly through your ability to coach cross-functional teams in high pace delivery and efficiency
- You’ll be making a truly impactful difference to over 4,000,000+ users across the world
What we’re looking for
- Creativity. We're radically changing how people interact with and feel about their finances. This means thinking about problems in a different way, and we encourage PMs with all types of payment backgrounds to apply
- You have commercial experience in a Product Management role, ideally for a mobile app-focused business
- You’re customer obsessed and have successful experience working in fast-paced consumer focused (B2C) environments
- You have a great ability to solve complex problems and proven experience working on complex products/features
- You have energy and drive to make an impact; people describe you as a force of nature who cares about their team
- Domain experience within US payments/checkout experience preferred
Why should I apply?
- We have a clear Product Manager career growth framework so you’ll understand from day 1 how to develop your career and improve your skills at Cleo
- You’ll be joining an open and collaborative team where you’ll be heard and get to make a difference
- You will have the opportunity to help shape our product practices and culture
- You’ll have the opportunity to have impact outside of your squad, working with other PMs in your tribe to define strategy, and set Cleo up for success
- We are at an exciting time in our growth, having doubled in size over the last 6 months, and we need strong PMs to come into business to unlock our next stage of growth
How long will the process take?
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other
- Step 1: Quick phone call with a member of our Talent team to find out more about your experience and why you want to work at Cleo
- Step 2: 45 mins with the Hiring Manager followed by a 1 hour product case study interview with two of our Product Managers
- Step 3: 30 minutes with cross-functional peers from two of design, data, engineering, commercial followed by a final wrap up interview to meet our VP Product
- A competitive compensation package (base + equity) with bi-annual reviews. You can view our public progression framework and salary bandings here: https://cleo-ai.progressionapp.com/ - This position is a PM3/PM4 level position and we can pay between £66,574-£105,543
- Work at one of the fastest-growing tech startups, backed by top VC firms, Balderton & EQT Ventures
- A clear progression plan. We want you to keep growing. That means trying new things, leading others, challenging the status quo and owning your impact. Always with our complete support.
- Flexibility: We can’t fight for the world’s financial health if we’re not healthy ourselves. We work with everyone to make sure they have the balance they need to do their best work
- Work where you work best. We’re a globally distributed team. If you live in London we have a hybrid approach, we’d love you to spend one day a week or more in our beautiful office. If you’re outside of London, we’ll encourage you to spend a couple of days with us a few times per year. And we’ll cover your travel costs, naturally.
- Other benefits;
- 25 days Annual leave a year + public holidays (+ an additional day for every year you spend at Cleo)
- 2 months paid sabbatical after every 4 years at Cleo
- 6% employer-matched pension in the UK
- Early finish every Friday
- Online courses & internal training to level up your skills
- Regular socials and activities, online and in-person
- Online mental health support via Spill
- Access to Pushfar - online platform for external mentorship
- And many more!
UK App access: The Cleo app is no longer downloadable in the UK (but only until next year). If you’re an existing user, you’ll still have access to the app. But some features won’t be available (just for a little while). Why? 99% of our users are based in the US – where financial health is often overlooked. We’ve decided to shift our focus to where we can provide the most value and make the greatest impact for users who need it most. Then we’ll be able to apply what we learn to better support our UK users in the future. Check out this page for more information.