Senior Product Manager, Nifty Gateway at Gemini (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Nifty Gateway - Technology
Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or “Nifties” (NFTs) - digital art and collectibles, recorded on the Ethereum blockchain. We release exclusive content from well known artists and brands each week. Major artists we have worked with in the past include Kenny Scharf, Lyle Owerko, Steven Baltay, and Oliver Latta. Our collections usually sell out in minutes & immediately trade up in value on our proprietary peer-to-peer marketplace.
Nifty Gateway is a “startup within a startup” – we’re Gemini employees, and we use some of Gemini’s crypto infrastructure, and work closely cross-functionally together. We also have our own tech stack and unique team culture.
The Role: Senior Product Manager, Nifty Gateway
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, mission-driven, Product Manager to help us define and grow our NFT marketplace product. This role will expand and build upon the vision of the product, define feature road-maps, and drive execution with our Engineering & Design teams. The ideal candidate has solid experience building consumer-facing marketplace platforms, is driven by data and the needs of platform participants (creators and clients), and has a pragmatic approach to getting high impact enhancements to market quickly. Experience in product planning, customer discovery, and implementing product development processes are all vital for this role. You will work with leaders in Engineering, Marketing & Design, and will be reporting directly to the Director of Product.
- Leverage competitive research, customer data, and your understanding of our strategy to evolve core areas of the collector and artist experience
- Contribute to developing the roadmap of features, adaptively planning forward and managing the implementation with engineering & design
- Creating experiences that drive revenue, customer engagement, and connection with creators
- Own the quality of the product and have a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality to deliver best in class products
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other teams to craft new products and product features
- Collaborate closely with designers and engineers to devise solutions that appropriately balance speed to deliver and quality while creating value for users
- 4+ years of experience in product management, preferably within a high-growth consumer start-up.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.