Senior Product Manager, Native Apps (Remote) at Etsy
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.'s 'house of brands' portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands â Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, youâll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.Job Description
As a Product Manager on one of our native app teams in the App Partnerships initiative, you'll craft the product strategy of Etsy’s buyer-facing native app and work closely with your partners in engineering, design, analytics, data science, marketing, and partner teams to ensure the successful delivery of products that build real value for our customers.
Our app vision includes both a foundational experience that focuses on the fast, easy, and frictionless commerce experience while also using the cutting edge technologies such as augmented reality, computer vision, videos to help our buyers understand the product and build confidence.
This is a full-time position located in Mexico City, reporting to the Group Product Manager. However, we offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week. We’re also open to remote hires within all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
About the role
- As product manager in the App Partnership initiative, you’ll lead a team in delivering experiences that focus on helping our app customers on their shopping mission
- Will be responsible for strong partnership with partner teams, and craft the vision, roadmap and prioritization of features that align with partner’s needs
- Capture and prioritize incoming requests from multiple partners, and provide business rationale for decisions
- Collaborate with partners to define OKRs and track progress against them regularly. Communicate plans and progress to cross-functional partners and leadership
- Will work closely with outstanding designers, user research specialists, data analysts, engineers, and data scientists to build an immersive and business driving experience for Etsy’s app buyers
- Through market and user research, you’ll explore, ideate, validate, and build products that ensure our users have a fast and easy app experience
- On occasion partner with Google and Apple to identify technology integration and promotion opportunities
- 6+ years of native app product management experience (iOS and Android)
- Have a history of successfully spearheading work of significant innovation and complexity, while developing and leading the strategy when necessary
- Have experience building products from the ground up, especially on mobile
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with a cross-functional team, and have an interest in solving challenges in the app space
- Have a clear understanding of Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Material Design
- Strong technical background, preferably in app development (non-engineering) and exposure to app platform nuance
- Have strong user experience sensibilities and appreciation for minimal interface design
- Great communicator, both in writing and orally, and can establish relationships with product, design, engineering and other team members
- Know when and how to run AB or multivariate tests, and how to interpret experiment results
- Exceptional skill in creating, organizing, gathering business requirements/acceptance criteria
- Able to influence without authority
- Outstanding organizational and analytical abilities, with proficiency in SQL/BigQuery (nice to have)
- Known for delivering high quality work while keeping your own team productive, excited, and happy!
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a coverletter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you'vehopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality andvariety. We don't want you to be like everyone else -- we want you to belike you! So write to us and tell us what you're all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makesus a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. Weencourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences toapply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on thebasis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexualorientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability,gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status,veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure thatindividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations toparticipate in the job application and interview process, to performessential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges ofemployment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunitiesmay be limited to certain roles and skillsets.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you'll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We're open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska. For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.