ConsenSys is the software engineering leader of the blockchain space. Our full-stack Ethereum products help developers build next-generation networks and enable enterprises to launch more powerful financial infrastructure. Are you passionate about decentralizing our future and taking control of how we evolve? Then join us! We are seeking passionate, determined, and resilient individuals who thrive in a self-directed, collaborative culture. Our technology is transforming global society and humanity - we welcome you to this exciting opportunity.
About Vertical Applications Group
We believe the future of finance and the internet will be natively-digital, powered by cryptocurrency. Our vision is to lead the convergence of existing and decentralized financial technologies to create more accessible and equitable financial services for everyone, everywhere.
We seek to deeply understand our users and enable consumers, institutions, financial services companies, protocol organizations, and developers to participate in decentralized financial services (DeFi). We deliver new products and services that leverage economies of scale from ConsenSys’s market-leading full-stack Ethereum products, and we create monetization opportunities by delivering excellent user experiences.
About the Role
Are you a senior product manager who wants to build the best decentralized finance consumer experience? Come drive continuous user discovery, define new features, create delightful experiences, shape how we scale, and help us grow to 1B users. Come help engage and retain users for MetaMask as lead for the Swaps feature (https://metamask.io/swaps), reporting to the Group Product Manager for Consumer Experience. This is a critical and high-impact role.
- MetaMask is the most trusted wallet in the Ethereum ecosystem with over 10 million monthly active users today.
- MetaMask Swaps is the best way to swap tokens anywhere, anytime, via the desktop browser extension, mobile wallet, and platform API. More than 900K MetaMask users have used Swaps to find and execute swaps directly with DeFi protocols and aggregators , with over $6B in DeFi transactions volume since launching in Fall of 2020.
- The Swaps feature makes the best of DeFi even better, by combining data from decentralized exchange aggregators, market makers, and DEXs, to ensure fast price discovery, best selection, reduced gas costs, and reduced slippage for the lowest network fees. It is, without question, the best user experience in DeFi.
As Swaps lead, you will grow an existing team of engineers, data analysts, UX researchers, and designers, owning the entire Swaps consumer journey. Your team will make it easier and safer for consumers to use DeFi services. As you create better financial experiences, you will also partner with the MetaMask Institutional team to enable enterprise-grade Swaps. Your team will also spin out generalizable services (APIs) and tools (SDKs) as stand-alone Fintech infrastructure offerings for broader use with enterprise customers and other partners.
Swaps is highly technical and requires a solid grasp of different blockchain primitiatives. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate technical proficiency.
- Define vision, strategy and roadmap every quarter, working closely closely with engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists, researchers.
- Design and deliver crypto products that advance the ConsenSys mission.
- Research user problems, stay ahead of market developments in the crypto space, and build relationships with key partners.
- Drive adoption of crypto-first product features, working closely with various teams across the defi ecosystem
- Shape and define standards for building great consumer products, educate our product teams, and hold the bar across the company.
- Grow and lead the work of a cross functional team (user research, data analytics, technical writing, front end, and API developers) to be user focused, discovery led, and data driven as the consumer’s advocate.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a passion for crypto/DeFi and Fintech, open platforms, and equal financial opportunity.
- Have 4+ years of experience in product management of developer products. You have driven product development from discovery to concept to launch; aligned teams and stakeholders on a shared vision tied to larger strategy; orchestrated cross-functional teams of analysts, designers, and engineers; facilitated user research or experiments to validate hypotheses; used metrics and feedback to drive development; shipped products in a fast moving environment.
- Have experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle; and of the problems developers face at each with debugging, observability, monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Demonstrated awareness of the DeFi landscape and familiarity with different financial primitives and protocols that live on top of it.
Bonus Points For
- Have delivered consumer applications
- Have built or used Dapps, Ethereum, MetaMask
- Experience building Fintech APIs
- Familiarity with distributed infrastructure and architectures, blockchain technologies, and decentralized services.
- Are a nerd about onboarding, consumer growth, growth loops, and retention
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.