Senior Product Manager, Market Expansion at Side
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:26 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, November 10, 2021
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform exclusively for the nation’s best agents. Based on its belief that homeownership is a fundamental human right, we provide top-performing real estate agents, teams, and independent brokerages with the best system, support, and service, in order to elevate the experience and results of buyers and sellers.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $250M in funding from top tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, D1 Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Matrix Partners, and 8VC. Side currently partners with agents in California, Texas, and Florida, with plans to expand nationally in the coming months.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
About the Team
The Product team at Side drives product vision, strategic planning, problem definition and prioritization, and the design, rollout, and measurement of new products and features. The team is responsible for delivering products that impact the business and measuring that impact against well-defined success outcomes.
We build products iteratively based on data-directed insights and user feedback, and generate insightful hypotheses about our users and their needs. We regularly collaborate with internal partners and are in an outstanding position of easy access to users for real time feedback due to our close partnerships with our customers & their teams.
We believe that collaboration, teamwork, and communication are critical to the product development process. We strive to communicate clearly, lead expectations proactively, and exercise full transparency with our partners and teammates!
The team as a whole is organized around three areas of ownership: Transaction Platform, Partner Growth, and Internal Business Systems.
About the Role
You will be helping Side expand into and enable new markets. You’ll be responsible for understanding requirements, prioritizing and implementing solutions, defining go-to-market strategy, assisting sales enablement and customer success/support, and ongoing demand support for the Side platform in each of our new markets.
This is a highly cross-functional role that will require partnering with several internal and external partners from Broker Operations, partner agents and brokers, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to successfully understand, enable, and support new markets.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Side platform and new prospective markets
- Assist the Expansion team leadership to help define strategic priorities and initiatives in our market expansion efforts
- Collaborate closely with partner Broker Operations, partner agents and brokers to understand new market needs, define requirements, and enthusiastically prioritize solutions
- Work with Design and Engineering team to prioritise, design, test, and implement solutions for both internal and external partners that support the strategic priorities and initiatives in our expansion efforts
- Partner with Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and Customer Support to define go-to-market strategy and execution, sales enablement and marketing, as well as support
- Support the Expansion team leadership in communicating project status and updates to internal and external partners
- Identify innovation opportunities and find new and creative ways to solve business problems at scale
- Define business goals, success criteria, functional requirements, and acceptance criteria for product deliverables
- Monitor key performance metrics to ensure product performance and identify optimization opportunities
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE?
- 5+ years product management experience, preferably in B2B SaaS
- Tried experience scaling technology products for growth into new markets
- Successful track record of launching SaaS products, features, and services into new markets/verticals
- A solid understanding of go-to-market execution, supporting new verticals, and experience coordinating cross-functional team efforts.
- Creative problem-solving to navigate regulatory and compliance-related challenges that may crop up along the way
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment and technology company highly preferred
- Strong technical background with shown ability to collaborate with designers and engineers to define optimal solutions for complex business problems
- Demonstrated skills in creating product roadmaps, defining functional requirements and acceptance criteria, and launching new product features
- Experience working directly with customers and with interdisciplinary cross-functional teams
- Ownership mentality with strong execution capability and a drive to achieve results
- High empathy and curiosity
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to dive deep into the details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a Real Estate or related areas (mortgage, title/escrow, homeowners insurance) is highly desired
- B.A., B.S. or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- Learning and development credit
- Pet friendly environment
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description