Senior Product Manager - Maps - Search at Uber
About the Role
You will work closely with world-class Engineering teams, Product Managers and Data scientists to build a world-class Search product for Uber across its Rides and Eats divisions.
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Search group at Uber.
- Internalize and deeply understand how Search impacts core Uber business including accurate fare prediction, a growing number of successful trips on the platform, and challenges in emerging markets where there is a lack of places data - and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first, and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome.
- Vision: Imagine what Search capabilities Uber would need tomorrow across the multitude of its products and services.
- Drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals.
- Minimum 4 years of Product Management experience.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent hands-on software engineering experience
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- 2 years of experience building Search related products.
- Experience in applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems.
- Launching online data and services products.
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), distributed data stores, and distributed file systems
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.