Senior Product Manager - Internal Tools at Carvana (Phoenix, AZ)
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
About the team and position
We’re looking for an Associate Director of Talent Products that is responsible for working closely with our People Operations, Technology, and Marketing partners to ensure our candidate and employee experience are just as seamless as our Carvana customer experience. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about partnering with both internal and external partners to create efficient recruiting and talent development solutions.
Ideally, you are fanatical about using complex analytics in your decision-making process. You love being involved with every step of the process, from market research to customer development to solution design and iteration. You’re highly autonomous and capable of taking high-level business problems, developing a viable strategy to tackle specific problems, and quickly developing solutions.
We iterate quickly, and having already amassed large and accelerating sales numbers, you will see your work have an immediate, growing impact every day in a hyper-growth company.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyze data, work closely with design and engineering to scope releases, write detailed requirements, and prioritize features and bugs
- You’re also expected to be the leader of a growing team, ultimately responsible for the success of projects, success of the individuals on your team, and the long-term trajectory of your KPIs
- Participate end-to-end in the Candidate and Employee Product life cycles, especially market research, customer development, and requirements gathering/consolidation
- Be actively involved in interpreting analytics and customer data
- Collaborate with Carvana's Engineering, Creative, Quantitative Marketing and Recruiting teams
- Work onsite in our Tempe office (or be willing to commute / relocate here)
What you should have
- Undergraduate degree in STEM, Economics/Finance, or HCI/UX or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience in software product management
- Minimum 5 years experience in project management
- Practiced skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Great communication and collaboration skills at all levels in the organization
- Deep product experience at one or more highly successful (and ideally hypergrowth) companies
- Expertise in a metrics and data-driven environment with skills in data tools such as SQL
- Stellar documentation skills including familiarity with Google Sheets/Microsoft suite
- Proficiency in JIRA and Confluence
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get it done, no matter what it is, for the sake of the team and our customers
- Opinions - you should be familiar with a lot of products in consumer web/mobile and have some degree of taste around what you do and don’t like
- A mentality that customers come first, team second, and yourself third
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and find the answers to your own questions
- A positive vibe and sense of humor!
It would be great if you also had
- Definitive design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry)
- Knowledge of data science best practices
- Agile methodology experience
- HTML/CSS/JS web development experience (for prototyping)
- Familiarity with Tableau (for creating new reports)
- Automotive industry experience
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.