Senior Product Manager - Ingestion at LiveRamp
Senior Product Manager - Ingestion
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
Marketers are looking for ways to engage audiences with a personalized experience across multiple platforms. Our Platform Services team is responsible for helping scale various revenue-driving applications while building the technology stack for the future. We collaborate closely with various internal applications (e.g., LiveRamp’s core onboarding business, as well as growth businesses in Measurement, TV, Data Marketplace, Safe Haven, Healthcare, etc…). Our mission is to build a scalable, future proof stack that fuels revenue growth while achieving the product vision of becoming a true API-first, PaaS, cloud native platform. We are at the heart of the company’s transformation, and are looking for experienced leaders that thrive in chaos and love to build disruptive products. The Ingestion PM will be central to defining the future state of LiveRamp, e.g., defining a plan to scale, standardize, and migrate towards self-service our integrations and workflows with hundreds of inbound customer data accounts.
Successful candidates will
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to define a clear and measurable product strategy
- Understand customer needs and use them to inform clear product priorities
- Take accountability for delivering against a roadmap, leveraging product management and agile development best practices
Specifically, you will:
- Obsess on customer needs: Define advertiser/brand, agency and data platform pain points, needs and product requirements
- Define Ingestion vision: Leverage industry expertise to define the future state of our inbound data integrations, including a plan to scale, standardize, and migrate towards self-service our integrations and workflows with hundreds of customer data accounts.
- Refine Ingestion workflows: Define, standardize and optimize UIs, APIs, various workflows and tooling to drive inbound data integration reliability and adoption.
- Deliver Engineering solutions: Work closely with Engineering to define and deliver ingestion partner needs, tools, and technical requirements.
- Influence Product Team and Execution:
- Influence & empower world-class product managers, Operations and Commercial teams with tools & standards
- Establish culture to reliably translate requirements into product delivery
- Establish business-outcome-based OKR prioritization and roadmap in collaboration with Sales, Ops, Product Marketing, Legal, Engineering, etc....
- Guide and mentor team members to navigate complex dependency management and make short and long term trade-offs across multiple products / stakeholders.
- Create alignment on priority and approach: Drive alignment on how Ingestion tools & standards are defined and deployed.
- Work with Commercial Leaders (Sales, Marketing, Ops) to understand customer needs, market trends and to align on product roadmap
- Work with Engineering Leadership to build technology that maximizes customer value and creates the desired customer experience
- Work with various other functions to deliver product and revenue end-to-end, e.g., Product Marketing, Legal, Operations
Your team will:
- Translate executive vision into action. Move the entire company and tech stack toward self-service SaaS, API first, (selectively PaaS), cloud native, scalable products
- Deliver solutions that lead to revenue growth of multiple applications, e.g., B2C, TV, Safe Haven
- Be accountable leaders. We deliver what we say we will deliver, and communicate clearly with all functions at all levels.
You should be highly organized and detail-oriented with outstanding time management skills. You display excellent verbal and written communication skills and can establish rapport and credibility with a wide variety of customers and internal stakeholders.
- You have 3+ years professional work experience, including 1+ in SaaS Product Management (AdTech, MarTech or adjacent technologies a plus).
- You feel comfortable with ambiguity and can effectively navigate to outcomes by making data-informed decisions.
- You can guide both strategy and execution and you’re comfortable talking to an executive one minute and an engineer the next.
- You are data-driven; you live and breathe end-user data to inform engagement and adoption methods.
- You are both empathetic and analytic. You elicit non-obvious customer needs, synthesize research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem.
- You have the aptitude to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- You can manage, simplify, and prioritize dozens of requirements, deadlines, and projects.
- You possess solid technical depth and understand APIs and system architecture. You can learn other technologies and translate complexities into digestible summaries for others.
- Experience with large scale AdTech integrations / APIs, e.g., with brands, agencies, data platforms (CDPs, DMPs), and third party tools that facilitate workflows
- Experience in digital advertising market working with advertisers and/or agencies
- Experience with full stack product solutions, i.e., developing front-end UI workflows and mocks in close collaboration with UX/design team, understanding and defining back-end requirements for data models and workflows
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.