Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
That goal infuses every part of what we do, from the moment a user sees Affirm for the first time all the way through to their final payment. As Affirm grows, we are diversifying our financial product portfolio and providing more ways for customers to interact with Affirm. As the Product Manager for the Membership and Identity teams, you’ll focus on developing a single view of each customer and the various products and services they use. You’ll build features, and platforms that make it seamless and easy for customers to deepen their engagement with Affirm, feeding into a holistic member journey.
You’ll be a passionate voice for the user within your own dedicated team, and you’ll bring that perspective to the entire product organization (and beyond). You’ll live and breathe metrics, A/B tests, and workflow optimization, but you’ll also have the intuition and courage to know how to move ahead when numbers don’t tell the whole story. Most importantly, you’ll bring deep customer empathy, balanced with a laser focus on delivering the right functionality to serve those needs.
As a product manager at Affirm, you’ll own an end-to-end roadmap from ideation through to post-launch assessment and iteration. You’ll make the most impactful new features, products, and experiences come to life, on-time. You’ll own the strategy and vision for your product area, and work with your cross-functional partners to make great things happen. And you’ll do it all by balancing business goals, customer needs, and technical requirements.What You'll Do
- Own the identity and membership roadmaps, collaborating with key stakeholders to set long term objectives, KPIs and closely track progress against the team’s goals.
- Collaborate with product teams to scale our identity and membership platforms to meet the needs of new products and unlock new distribution channels, such as Shopify.
- Innovate and rebuild our identity systems with fresh eyes: explore new data sources to move away from traditional credit reports, and use alternative data to approve more users.
- Design centralized systems and platforms that enable us to deliver a seamless customer account management experience across all touchpoints within the Affirm network.
- Partner with our analytics and user research teams to develop an opinionated view on the overall member journey with the goals of driving consumer loyalty and lifetime value.
- Define key metrics for success and analyze the user impact of product features with airtight A/B tests and 2nd order insights
- Passion and drive to change consumer finance for the better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You have a platform orientation but are also consumer facing, and are able to translate those requirements from strong customer empathy and understanding of the overall product roadmap and vision
- Experience with identity products is a plus
- You are data driven
- A get-things-done attitude to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or investigating the root cause of a customer support ticket
- The ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- A drive to question assumptions and validate hypotheses
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.