Senior Product Manager, Growth at GitLab (Remote)
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The GitLab Growth team is dedicated to making it easier for teams to find value and increased efficiency within the GitLab platform. We work across stages within the product experience to make the product as easy as possible to adopt and use. We recommending reviewing our Growth direction page for more in-depth team information.
Growth Product Managers help us grow our customer base by improving our net new signup & trial flow (Acquisition) and team activation (Activation) experiences as well as assisting in improving our LAM efforts. Our Growth Product Managers play a critical role in GitLab ensuring our product is easy and initiative to use while ensuring we also achieve business objectives.What you’ll do in this role
- Set and lead the vision for your team
- Communicate and align with business stakeholders on the importance of the “why” behind your vision
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research in partnership with our analyst and research teams to further solidify your vision
- Consistently convert your vision into iterative improvements within the user experience
- Partner with your engineering team to prioritize work balancing the needs for feature development, maintenance work and bug fixes
- Manage the backlog of work for your team
- Ensure that work is clearly defined and ready to be picked up when the time comes for assignment
- Conduct iterative experiments within the in-product experience and in partnership with our business partners in other divisions
- Build the case for large strategic bets and execute against them
- Create experiences that solve for the job of which the user has hired us for (jobs to be done)
- Celebrate the wins from your team and share learning opportunities when we uncover results that change our opinion on a particular matter
- Continue your own education in the Growth and Product space by following/connecting with other industry professionals, attending conferences, and taking courses
- Experience in product management
- Strong technically: you understand how software is built, packaged, deployed and operated
- Passion for design and usability
- Highly independent and pragmatic
- Excellent proficiency in English
- You are living wherever you want and are excited about the all remote lifestyle
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Trust and empower your development group to deliver great products
- Receptive to feedback or coaching
- Strong bias for action
- You make thoughtful decisions motivated by data and research
- You develop strong opinions but are willing to change your mind
- Well versed in experimentation and A/B testing
- Strong analytical skills (SQL skills are a big plus) and a hypothesis driven mindset
- The ability to work cross functionally between your engineering and user experience counterparts along with business stakeholders in other departments
- Previous experience leveraging common frameworks and growth techniques such as but not limited to acquisition loops, habit loops, and PQLs
- Bonus points: Prior experience at a Product-Led Growth company
- Bonus points: Experience with GitLab, Git, and the Git workflows
- Bonus points: Experience building DevOps tools
- Bonus points: Experience engaging with customers in a B2B setting
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.Compensation Calculator
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $121,000 - $220,300 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.