Senior Product Manager - Global Intelligence at Uber
About the Role
Global Intelligence works to understand the strategy and performance of the Mobility and Delivery categories' marketplaces globally through a combination of external and internal data. Uber operates in a diverse array of markets and product categories filled with rapidly evolving competing options; assessing the success or failure of a product or strategy depends on understanding this context. Doing this, and doing it well, is an interesting and difficult problem. The team uses its expertise in data analysis, statistical modeling, economics, and business to build scalable data and ML products and insights that drive our strategy and investment decisions.
What You'll Do
- The candidate will be responsible for delivering high impact products by laying out the vision, prioritizing the roadmap, and executing on them
- Identify gaps and opportunities in Marketplace efficiency, supported by thorough data analysis, work with the team to develop solutions, and test them.
- Focus on project execution by unblocking the team of Data scientists, analysts, and engineers
- Regular stakeholder communication and expectation management with Operational leads, Product leads, and Execs
- Minimum 5 years of product management experience OR 3+ years of product management experience with 3+ years of experience in top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking, or strategy for a major tech company
- Strong proficiency with data; at least basic experience with SQL is needed
- Strong record of delivering high impact products collaborating with Data Science and Engineering teams
- An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or a quantitative domain
- Comfort communicating and partnering with C-level executives; exceptional communication and partner management skills
- Masterful execution; ability to independently drive the roadmap for a large team of data scientists and engineers across geographies, and dozens of senior stakeholders across functions in a heavily matrixed organization
- Bias to action; preference to get things done quickly and to move mountains to continuously ship products that are essential for the company
- Strong business judgment; ability to understand the implications of data about various aspects of the business
- Experience working closely with data science and engineering teams to build high profile data products
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems
- Focused on building businesses, not features
- Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Experience working on consumer-facing technology
- Experienced building & managing teams
- Experience in Marketplace Economics
- Experience building 0 to 1 products
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.