Senior Product Manager - Geovisualization at Dataminr (Remote)
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You’re a product professional with a passion for taking end-to-end ownership of complex projects, often with minimal supervision. You excel at working cross functionally with teams and to that end, have superior communication skills and are an independent thinker who strives to constantly grow expertise within your role.
You're no stranger to a fast paced, agile environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm. You know how to work backwards from business goals to develop and maintain your roadmap and prioritize value-driven opportunity backlogs that contribute to your success metrics and the company's overall mission. You can't wait to bring your product skills to a mission-driven tech startup.
What You’ll Do:
- Define, evolve and implement the strategy for Dataminr’s world class geovisualization tool, connecting real-time data to address critical physical security and operational needs of clients worldwide
- Lead Product, Engineering, AI, R&D and Design teams through platform initiatives across the entire product development lifecycle
- Gather inputs across a myriad of stakeholders to lead product discovery and definition
- Establish and frame platform vision for internal stakeholders, building consensus on priorities and direction
- Define metrics and assess feedback around product performance, and leverage that data to inform prioritization of platform roadmap opportunities
- Define and implement customer research in order to help drive business priority
Desired Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in product management; ability to work within a matrixed organization, helping to guide other product managers towards a common goal.
- Direct experience working with geovisualization tools and complex data sets is a very nice to have but not absolutely required
- Additional experience preferred but not required in corporate security, crisis management, government agencies or risk management; knowledge of the competitive landscape and user profiles preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up with new teams and projects
- Technical skills and understanding of software design, data pipelines, APIs & more
- Ability to prioritize and articulate hard tradeoffs
- Experience in a fast-paced technology environment
- Strong product sense and deep understanding of what makes products effective, with a proven track record of delivering products that make a strong business impact.
- Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ideal candidate can work EU business hours
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.