At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
As the Technical Product Manager at Palo Alto Networks focusing on Cloud Native Application Protection Platform security space, you will play a key role in providing detailed technical information to our sales, marketing, and product management teams to help position Palo Alto Networks against key competitors.
In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology, such as AWS, Azure and GCP Native Security services, alongside other commonly used services such as AWS Lambda, Azure functions, AWS Fargate, Docker, CRI-0, and Kubernetes and with other cloud services. The individual will help research the competitive landscape in Cloud Security Posture Management, formulate competitive strategy, and articulate key differentiation. In addition, you will develop industry relevant use cases and validate the strengths and weaknesses of our CSPM, Shift-left modules within the Prisma Cloud security platform. Another core aspect of this role is to consult with customers, facilitate in the development and delivery of technical material for sales, sales engineering, and marketing.
You are the perfect fit if you think of AWS, Azure, and GCP as soon as the cloud is mentioned, or you intuitively understand Kubebernetes and do not think it’s a geometric shape or a reference to the middle school. You are proficient in interpretive programming languages (e.g. Python) to demonstrate capabilities that can be shared with customers via GitHub. You are a self-starter, love to create labs and evaluate different technologies and keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify implementation and adoption challenges, and address solutions as needed.Qualifications
- You will analyze various industry regulatory requirements that can be addressed with the Prisma Cloud suite of tools
- Work with sales, marketing, product management, and customers to research and identify key differences and advantages of the Prisma Cloud within the various industrial markets
- Design demonstrations that can be used by sales and marketing to demonstrate Prisma Cloud’s capabilities
- Aggregate and analyze information to form an opinion and provide actionable insights that ultimately become product feature request
- Manage product features from concept, design, development, stabilization, testing, documentation and delivery
- Write and create high-quality customer-facing, partner-facing, and sales facing collateral and presentations
- Conduct meeting with customers to facilitate their further understanding of Prisma Cloud’s capabilities
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Work closely with other Product Managers and provide product feedback for future development
- 5+ years of experience in security space
- Experience analyzing industry specific requirements and have deep insights into security use cases for cloud security posture management, shift-left & compliance. Plus if you have container security and application security knowledge
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Azure and GCP to be able to create lab setup and templates to programmatically create labs and test use case scenarios
- Strong competitive intelligence or technical marketing background in implementing and analyzing cloud infrastructure security products OR have been part of SRE or devops team responsible for securing CI/CD pipeline along with implementing security controls for IaaS and PaaS
- Experience with CI/CD tools is a plus
- Aware of key Cloud security concepts (private, public, hybrid cloud)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and infrastructure as a code software tool such as Terraform
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Self-starter with excellent project organization skills, ability to drive complex projects with attention to detail, and hit deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, keep track of multiple competitors simultaneously
- Eagerness to learn new technologies, experiment with products and contribute cross-functionally
- Strong customer advocacy skills and experience, ability to work in difficult customer situations
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.