We are looking for a stellar Senior Product Manager for Atlassian's Sign-up growth team. This team specializes in building frictionless sign-up experiences for all Atlassian products, across organic & paid channels to grow our customer base and eventually revenue. In this highly visible role, you will play a vital role in driving experiments to build a seamless sign-up experience for our global customers.
Much of how we operate mimics a consumer company- products sold via credit card on the web, tens of millions of end-users (and rabid fans), and a massive target audience. You'll have the outstanding opportunity to take extraordinary consumer capabilities and apply them to a B2B model - setting the new standard for a next-gen B2B marketing and e-commerce experience that is personalized and feels like a service.
We like to validate assumptions about our users with various types of testing. We need you to be eager to deliver across the entirety of the product development lifecycle.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Deeply empathize with customer needs, and ship experiences that add value and reduce friction in sign-up journeys
- Identify and prioritize sign-up growth experiments (big bets and iterations) in partnership with product marketers, design, engineering, and research working with a customer-centric, data-informed approach
- Challenge assumptions, embrace learnings from qualitative and quantitative data and adapt accordingly
- Make tradeoff and prioritization decisions with multiple competing timelines.
- Define success metrics, develop a clear vision and strategy, refine and iterate as needed.
- Drive alignment amidst marketing partners, program managers, and other team members.
- Serve as the Agile product owner for your scrum team
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years crafting and delivering world-class products in a product management role either in the e-Commerce domain or B2B SaaS space
- Ability to encourage your team to build better products that deliver high customer value and drive strategic impact
- Outstanding track record with engineers, design, marketing, and cross-functional partners: people love to work with you
- Strong analytical abilities paired with a data-informed mindset, You're passionate about experimentation and A/B testing
- Ability to communicate effectively across technical and business audiences including executives
- Real passion for transitioning new customers into Atlassian's core products and motivation to 'remove the pain' for the customer
- Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve
More about our team
The Economy Growth team is a full-funnel experimentation team responsible for accelerating growth for Atlassian economy that includes Atlassian products and 2nd/3rd party apps. This team is responsible for landing new customers, helping customers expand into more products/apps through cross-flow, and monetizing our customers by creating experiences that deliver greater value. Collaboration is our glue, whether it is working with engineering, design, project management, and product marketing. We're defined by our connection to our customers, both internal and external, and our approach to deeply understand their needs and motivations in order to build solutions that are simple, scalable, and flexible.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.