Senior Product Manager, Disputes at Cash App (Remote)
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We've been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees' creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We're looking for an incredible product lead for our Disputes team. Our product managers are deeply customer-focused, collaborate intensely with other key disciplines, and always make decisions with an eye towards Cash App's business as a whole. Successful product managers are ambitious and resourceful -- willing to do whatever it takes to empower our teams, and deliver as much value as possible to our customers.
This empowered product team has a mission to build a reliable, brand-building, and scalable transaction dispute experience for Cash App customers and Customer Operations that meets regulatory requirements and mitigates financial loss.
In this role you will:
- Identify opportunities and develop perspectives on the most impactful things to build with your team, and then go do the work required to build those experiences
- Define the strategy and coordinate actions across the org - Design, Client & Server Engineering, Data Science, Risk, Machine Learning, Disputes Operations, Customer Operations, and Legal - and with external partners to enable its success.
- Have massive impact and a wide scope, you'll find this role compelling, challenging, and rewarding
- 6+ years of product management or equivalent experience
- Successfully led a complex product or business area with a lot of partners/stakeholders
- Experience driving cross-functional product initiatives in a successful way
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful product & business problems
- A knack for finding a way to get what you want, without waiting for conditions to be perfect
- An outstanding problem-prevention mindset across product, process, and team
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and logical structuring abilities
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to independently lay out and test clear hypotheses, and solve problems without well-defined direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience with working with operations at scale and prior experience with payments and disputes is a plus
We're working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we're doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.