Senior Product Manager, Delivery (Remote) at Bottomline Technologies (Hampton Roads, VA)
Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global fintech market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners by driving customer delight, and helping those customers grow their business and win in their markets.
Paymode-X is the leading Accounts Payable automation provider. Paymode-X solves payment and invoice automation challenges for hundreds of thousands of companies, processing billions of dollars per year and keeping our customers safe. The Product Management group at Paymode-X is seeking a Senior Product Manager (Delivery) to be part of our growing team. As a large and fast-growing part of the Bottomline business, Paymode-X offers unique growth opportunities for positive, highly motivated team players who are energized by being part of a strong solution in a crucial market space.
We use a Scrum Agile approach to develop and maintain the Paymode-X SaaS enterprise application, which uses modern technology to meet our customers’ needs.
How you’ll contribute to the Scrum structure:
- Lead a small group of Agile scrum teams, partnering closely with the globally diverse Product Owners for each of those teams.
- Collaborate with Paymode-X Product Management leadership to review the Paymode-X strategy and plan for delivering additions or enhancements to the application.
- Provide support to the Product Owners, helping them learn the business, technology, and processes of Paymode-X.
- Assist Product Owners with internal and external stakeholder engagement and requirements solicitation, collaborate with them on solution ideation and requirement-writing, and own the turnover to go-to-market teams.
- You may also have a direct role as a Product Owner in times of transition, such as if additional teams are added to your group.
- Although the Product Owners in your groups will not report to you, you will be pivotable in leading them to success – both as individuals growing in the Product Management profession, and in their contribution to the Paymode-X product.
You will also have other key responsibilities, including:
- Act as a liaison with third-party suppliers and/or partners.
- Lead engagements with key stakeholders including external customers and internal groups that support the marketing, sale, and operation of the Paymode-X solution.
- Gain and maintain a deep knowledge of the Paymode-X product suite, and how it meets the needs of the various constituencies.
- Coordinate with the Commercial Product Management team and Program Management Office on partner engagements and other large efforts.
- Assemble business plans for new products or product enhancements.
- Propose roadmap opportunities to the Paymode-X leadership team and using your knowledge of team skillsets and capacity to formulate a proposed Product delivery execution plan.
- As with any Product Management role, you will wear many hats, and have an opportunity to contribute to the success of the Paymode-X organization in a variety of ways.
Skills that will make you successful:
- FinTech/Payment Systems Industry experience is required.
- 8 or more years of experience in Product Management
- Curiosity – Product Managers must be curious! Learning and problem-solving should excite you. You must have the ability to learn quickly and deeply, and to be able to absorb information from a vary of sources, including self-guided. You should want to grow and learn and take advantage of documentation, blogs, books, articles, peers, mentors.
- Leadership – Product Managers need the ability to lead without managing. You will use your leadership skills to provide daily guidance to diverse global scrum teams and provide coaching support and education to those teams. You’ll collaborate with your manager and peers to help guide the rest of the organization toward strategic goals.
- Collaboration – Product Managers must be effective partners with application engineers and QA resources, customers, and internal teams from other parts of the business.
- Communication – In all remote work, but especially in Product Management, it is critical that you are a strong, proactive communicator. You must be able to effectively and consistently communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Execution Mindset – You will be contributing to a fast-paced environment. You must be comfortable both contributing to, and orchestrating in, an execution-focused environment as a “working leader”.
Other skills that will be helpful:
- Agile Product Management experience working with a SaaS product in the fintech space
- Experience working in, or with, Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable teams
- Experience using or integrating with accounting systems or enterprise resource planning systems
- Understanding of how data science, machine learning and AI can be used effectively to drive differentiation
- Knowledge of technology architecture and practices – particularly relational data models, SaaS enterprise application stacks, as well as SDLC in such environments
- Use of basic data and visualization tools, from SQL and Excel to PowerBI and Tableau
- Familiarity with the AP automation competitive landscape / industry
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance, business, or technology field
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
You’ll love Botttomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.