Chainalysis is the market leader in blockchain analytics. Our data platform and analytical capabilities are the foundation for our investigation, transaction monitoring and market intelligence products. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager in our Data Intelligence team. This team is responsible for acquiring blockchain data, developing new techniques to map activity on the blockchain to real-world entities and surfacing the data in our products.
As part of your responsibilities, you will craft and execute strategies for acquiring new cryptocurrencies, work with a team of brilliant data scientists and software engineers, lead the development of analytical techniques to map entities on the blockchain, create tools and features for our customers to understand blockchain activity, and prioritize customer requests vs. new research-based modeling initiatives. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with ambiguity and enjoys diving deep and translating complex data and product problems into crystal clear product requirement documents and roadmaps. As part of this role, you will work with other PMs, CS, sales and engineering.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- You are an expert in all of our analytical capabilities to map blockchain activity to real-world entities. You have deep knowledge of all our data assets and their strengths and weaknesses.
- You deeply understand our customers’ problems in cryptocurrency investigations and transaction monitoring, and have translated these pain-points into quantitative problems that the Data Intelligence team can solve.
- You have come up with a framework for acquiring new cryptocurrencies, created a robust coin acquisition roadmap, crafted a strategy for DeFi and executed against it.
- You have set clear OKRs for the team, got buy-in from your stakeholders and started delivering against those OKRs. You understand the controllable inputs into the team’s OKRs.
- You have implemented robust planning processes, created clear roadmaps and rallied the data science and engineering teams around the OKRs.
- You have created several clearly-written PRDs and launched new features in our products.
- You have created frameworks for prioritization between customer requests vs. research-led modeling initiatives.
- You have successfully presented long-term plans to senior leadership and got their buy-in to execute on a long-term plan for modeling and cryptocurrency acquisition.
- You are an expert in accessing and analyzing all of Chainalysis’ datasets including blockchain data, product usage data and financial metrics.
A background like this helps:
- Educational background in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Economics or a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Experience in building data products or products with a significant data component, e.g. recommendation products or search/discovery products.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience or minimum 3 years of product management experience with proven results.
- Comfortable conducting data analysis independently - e.g. SQL, Tableau, Python, Excel and/or other.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills still delivering timely results.
- A Just Do It attitude and ability to move with urgency and customer obsession.
- An ownership mindset - acts and makes decisions on behalf of the company, not just the team. Never heard of the words “not my job”.
The following would differentiate you:
- Experience in the crypto industry and/or understanding of blockchain data.
- You were a software engineer or data scientist in a previous role.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.