Senior Product Manager - Couchbase Cloud-Native & Manageability at Couchbase (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:01 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 30, 2022
Location: Preference is for this role to be based in our London, UK office or Manchester, UK office. Also open to a remote- UK location.
Are you interested in building highly performant hyper-scale data platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way customers run workloads on-premises, private and public clouds? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of users who use Couchbase data platform across all those platforms?
We are looking for Senior Product Manager to join the Couchbase Cloud-Native Data Platform team. Looking for someone with a strong technical background in distributed systems to join our Product Management team. The successful candidate needs to have prior experience in product management and a very good understanding of the cloud-native ecosystem.
- In this highly visible position, lead collaboration across engineering, design, marketing, sales, and executive leadership
- Build content and collateral to reflect our cloud investments, strategy and roadmap
- Conduct market research, analyze competitive landscape, understand market transitions and define the requirements for cloud-native platform
- Engage deeply with our customers, cloud partners, to learn about the needs of our ecosystem and to provide actionable feedback from customers.
- Work with internal functional groups (engineering, marketing, support, sales, etc.) as well as customers and partners to drive feature priorities, product releases and customer engagement
- Contribute to internal and external product-related content like sales collateral, feature blogs and documentation
- Lead the team in creating a process to ensure each new release has a well- defined KPIs and the proper tracking to measure key product and business metrics
- 8+ years leading product direction, preferably with experience on a cloud-based service
- Bachelor’s degree: computer science or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
- Detailed understanding of cloud infrastructure technology and how it is used by customers and the partner ecosystem.
- Experience interfacing directly with engineering teams to ensure the products they build meet the needs of the partners and customers that ultimately use them.
- Have the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Domain knowledge of at least one of the following: RDBMS, NoSQL, Key-Value stores, distributed systems
- Critical thinker with a strong bias towards action; ability to go deep into technology and relate technical enhancements to customer use cases
- Experience in a start-up environment a strong plus
At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
* Compare Couchbase vs. MongoDB
* Compare Couchbase vs. Oracle
* Browse the Developer Portal
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance our Candidate Privacy Notice.
More Information on Couchbase
Couchbase operates in the Database industry. The company is located in Santa Clara, CA and San Francisco, CA. Couchbase was founded in 2009. It has 700 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 30 open jobs at Couchbase, click here.
Read Full Job Description