Senior Product Manager, Client Solutions & Sales Engineering - NA Product (San Francisco & New York City) at Visa
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.Job Description
This role will be a member of Visa's North America Go-To-Market & Solutions team, which is responsible for bringing best in class Visa products and solutions to market. The Client Solutions team, within NA GTM & Solutions, is responsible for driving product engagements and solutions building for clients in the U.S. market. The Senior Manager, Client Solutions, will be responsible for meeting with executives at large issuer bank clients, educating them on product offerings and defining a solution that meets the client’s unique needs and constraints. The role will also lead technical discussions related to a proposed solution with client teams by collaborating with product SMEs.
The Senior Manager will work closely with internal partners such as: NA GTM & Solutions (Market Strategy & Commercialization), Global Product, NA Sales, Client Support Services, Innovation, Strategic Partnerships, and Legal among many others. This position in based out of San Francisco, CA and/or New York City and reports into Senior Director, NA GTM & Solutions, Client Solutions.
The successful candidate will have business acumen to plan business development, business communication skills to involve strategic discussions, technical background to facilitate solutions design, operational excellence to execute client projects, marketing and excellent communication skills to influence clients. In addition, candidate must be highly collaborative, bringing a structured approach, and have an exceptional ability to communicate complex, often technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Candidate must be self-driven and identify opportunities internally and externally and motivated to bring those solutions to market.
This role based in either San Francisco or New York City is critical to overall business development with high profile clients along with Visa’s Account Executive teams.
- Lead and drive client engagement and solutions building across the U.S. client base (with a focus on issuers, processors, and partners) both at strategic and technology level with a strong understanding of API driven integration
- Ability to understand the market impact, design of Visa’s products and solutions, and articulate the value to the Visa clients effectively
- Interact directly with executive leadership to evangelize digital product solutions both internally and externally by meeting with key partners, driving conversations and giving presentations
- Thought leader who can identify opportunities for innovation and engagement with clients and work with the product management team to document, evangelize and implement these opportunities
- Lead the development of U.S. clients’ digital strategies in a way that showcases Visa’s leadership in the space (e.g. provide content on digital thought leadership, engage with clients to bring new products and constructs to market, etc.)
- Provide ongoing business-as-usual support across Visa’s digital product suite. Engage and lead business development planning activities by working with cross functional teams.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to bring one unified Visa Digital voice to account executives and clients
- Consistently engage with the AE team to educate and apprise them of the latest product developments and landscape updates
- Utilize the voice of the client to inform the product roadmap
- Apply industry expertise with knowledge of Visa Inc.’s global market opportunities, consumers, merchants, issuers, enabling partners, and competition
- Build deep understanding of Visa APIs to ensure client knowledge delivery and idea generation. Expert in building unique solutions with clients
- Might need to travel for client discussions eventually, not immediate
- This position will be located in San Francisco, CA, though occasional commute to other Visa offices in the bay area will be required. The position will require availability during core business hours
• 10 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Computer Science or Information Systems) or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• Strategic thinking skills – ability to anticipate upcoming trends and changes in the broader environment and apply them to create competitive advantage for Visa. Reaches across the aisle to make things happen for Visa’s clients.
• Payments industry experience strongly preferred
• 8+ years tech/product experience, with a strong focus on digital products, services, and/or platforms. E-commerce and digital product experience strongly preferred (i.e. tokens, e-commerce, m-commerce)
• Experience with APIs is a strong plus
• Proven ability to work with Technology, Product, and MarComm to deliver and execute an integrated product offering and go-to-market plan
• Ability to communicate complex, often technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Previous technology leadership experience is s plus.
• Executive level written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
• Ability to build successful client relationships with high-level client executives
• Excellent facilitator and moderator
• Comfortable working independently in fast-paced environment
• Candidate must be a self-starter and have a disposition to work independently with a commitment to detail in an organized manner
• Analytical thinker, team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
• Fluency and experience interfacing regularly with clients and internal partners
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.