Senior Product Manager 2 (M) (remote) at Ad Hoc (Portland, OR)
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Our Product Managers work closely with partners and cross-functional teams to build the right things, in the right way at all stages of the product life cycle.
Senior Product Managers at Ad Hoc have a track record of success delivering digital solutions at scale. They work with clients to define business goals, identify opportunities, develop road maps, and manage the iterative delivery of new products and services. As client-facing technologists, they are skilled at communicating impact and opportunity to a wide range of audiences and influencing decision-making.
Senior Product Manager 2 is a people leader within Product practice. You'll build, lead, and develop other members from the product practice. You'll ensure assigned product team members adopt and apply the best practices, principles, and values that are important to the health and quality of the Product practice and to our customers.
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- Years of Experience: Minimum Experience: 5 years
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree In Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related fields.
- Acceptable Substitution for Degree: 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Functional Responsibility: leading scrum teams, daily standups, writing user stories, backlog grooming, coordinating team activities.
What You'll Do
- Leads the full cycle development and deployment of user-centric products in an agile environment.
- Defines and measures KPIs to evaluate the impact of what is delivered.
- Manages agile ceremonies like backlog grooming, sprint planning, and team retrospectives to support the iterative design and delivery of new products.
- Designs and leads workshops to guide product decision-making including project kick-offs, discovery sprints, roadmapping exercises, and prioritization efforts.
- Serves as a “trusted advisor” for clients and sets direction for their team.
- Demonstrates superior product judgement; understands when to pivot and how to experiment in order to reduce uncertainty and inform next steps.
- Utilizes effective communication skills and understands how to translate complex issues for a wide variety of audiences in order to influence decision making for the highest value outcomes.
- Manage performance, in terms of both craft and associated competencies relevant to career development, for assigned individuals within your practice. This includes supporting program managers in hiring, onboarding, and conducting annual performance reviews.
- Provide coaching and development to assigned Product team members, which includes regular 1-on-1s, defining growth goals and development plans with individuals, and creating a culture where team members can learn and evolve.
What You'll Bring
- Typically 5 or more years leading cross-functional teams to deliver impactful digital products/services.
- Experience and comfort working at all stages of the product lifecycle - building and scaling a product from 0 to 1 and the ability to toggle between the big picture and day to day.
- Previous consulting and or digital agency experience - you know how to work with customers and stakeholders to build consensus and guide decision-making.
- Strong facilitation skills; experienced at leading kickoff workshops, discovery/prototyping sprints, road-mapping exercises, and prioritization efforts with clients and teams.
- Experience leading, coaching and mentoring other product managers.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $113,899 - $149,040 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.