Senior Product Design Mechanical Engineer at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
Meraki’s products balance a streamlined, flawless aesthetic with the sophisticated thermal challenges and manufacturability considerations inherent to intricate electronic systems. We need a Product Designer/Mechanical Engineer who wants to put their knowledge of mechanical engineering toward the task of crafting beautiful products that seem effortlessly chic.
As our products increase in number and complexity, you will supervise the practical aspects of design: collaborating with our Hardware Program Managers on its form and function, working with manufacturers on iteration, and be responsible for the transition of the product from concept sketch to mass production.
- 5+ years of experience crafting sophisticated consumer electronics.
- CAD skills with industry-standard software (Creo preferred) and strong ID and surfacing skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and DFM.
- Analysis skills with common Finite Element tools such as ANSYS.
- Experience with part and product design validation.
- Experience in detailed mechanical design by ODM/JDM partners.
- Diligent in detailing issues! Persistence in following up on root cause analysis & corrective actions by the responsible parties.
- Knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes, including but not limited to: plastic injection molding, die casting, metal injection molding and sheet metal forming.
- Knowledge of consumer electronic cosmetic requirements.
- Unparalleled mechanical and design intuition. Excellent communication skills with internal teams and external partners.
- Experience in designing outdoor IP67 level electronic equipment.
- Sketching abilities.
- Understanding of how to overcome thermal challenges in electronic equipment.
- Experience with Camera design is a plus.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience . Masters or equivalent is a plus.
- Passionate about industrial design and the user experience!
- Fiercely collaborative. You invite and act on different points of view. You connect with others and believe in the power of sharing ideas
- A mentor by nature who loves & is expected to transfer knowledge to junior engineers such as interns & Co-ops.
- Able to travel up to 25% to Taiwan.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.