Senior Product Analyst at Upstart (Remote)
Upstart is a leading AI lending platform partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. As we transitioned to being a public company, we’re now poised to leverage our domain expertise and revolutionize every aspect of lending and credit risk evaluation. We’ve recently expanded our offerings to include automobile refinancing and we plan to take on more verticals as the business grows.
By leveraging Upstart's AI platform, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. Upstart's patent-pending platform is the first to receive a no-action letter from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau related to fair lending. Upstart not only supports a large remote workforce, but also has offices in San Mateo, CA; Columbus, OH; and Austin, TX.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior Product Analyst at Upstart, you are an analytically minded individual with keen product intuitions to lead answer high-impact product and business questions through intelligent use of data. The product analyst will work closely with the Product Managers and Data Scientists to improve end-to-end user engagement, from application flow, to underwriting and reporting. The ideal candidate will be naturally curious and motivated to discover hidden truths to improve user experience.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, Columbus, Austin.(#LI-REMOTE)
Time Zone Requirements - This team operates on both the West and East Coast time zones.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 3 days per Month at either the San Mateo or Columbus office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you'll make an impact:
- Effectively use analytics tools such as Heap/Looker to understand web conversion rates and key product metrics
- Conduct quantitative analysis to test hypotheses about our users and the way they interact with our product
- Administer AB tests in the product, monitor results and generate product and business recommendations
- Work closely with the product and data science teams to implement product changes
- Identify and report key product metrics to leadership team
- Conduct market analysis to identify new risks and opportunities for product
What we're looking for:
- Strong analytical and quantitative background with at least 5 years professional experience
- Analytical, rigorous, and creative approach to solving difficult problems
- Strong communication and client-facing data presentation skills
- Experience with data analysis tools (Python, Excel, R, etc.)
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Personal Development and Technology & Ergonomic Budgets
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Clubs and Activities (Game Nights, Fitstarters, Superwomen, Book Club, Investing Club, Money Discussions, Photography Club and Basketball teams)
- Generous vacation policy
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.