Zumper is on a mission to change the way you rent, forever. To make it easier, faster, and more human-where renting an apartment is as easy as booking a hotel. By making this vision a reality, we're creating opportunity for everyone to live better from one fresh start to the next.
Zumper is the largest privately owned rental platform in North America with more than 175 million visits per year. We're proud to have been named a 2021 Best Startup Employer by Forbes and a 2021 Best Place to Work/Company with the Best Benefits by Built In SF.
To date, we've raised over $178 million from Kleiner Perkins, Goodwater Capital, Headline, Dawn Capital, and the Blackstone Group. Changing the way the world rents requires passion, bold ideas, and bright minds. Join us in building the future of renting, today.
About this Opportunity
Zumper is looking for a Senior Product Analyst with experience in diving into diverse data sets, improving product experience and leading multiple projects.
This is a high visibility role for candidates that have relevant experience, with a lot of opportunities to grow and have a direct impact on the company's growth. You will get opportunities to work on highly impact projects that would touch every part of our business. Some of the interesting projects are analyzing data to identify best ways to balance supply and demand in the Zumper marketplace, understand the impact of filtering on conversion and make meaningful suggestions to improve renter experience.
You will work cross-functionally with the product, growth, design, and engineering teams to drive initiatives and be the champion of analytics standard methodologies, proven techniques, and data-driven decision-making. Proven track record of stakeholder management and translating data insights into strategic recommendations, are key factors to succeed in this role.
What You Will Do
- Establish a deep understanding of Zumper customer base and proactively identify opportunities for product changes/experiments based on analysis
- Influence product strategy and investment decisions with data, be focused on impact, by collaborating with Product, Growth, Engineering and Design teams
- Design A/B experiments to guide product direction and growth
- Use SQL to develop data pipelines, write complex queries, and perform analysis
- Break down nuanced, complex data for partners, keeping context at the forefront of communication
- Develop and automate reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for business priorities
- Define and monitor key metrics; investigate changes in metrics and propose next steps
- Explore Zumper data and highlight key insights to feed model development alongside Data Science
- Foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture with your passion for telling stories with data.
Who You Are
- Minimum 4+ years professional experience in a product or growth analytics role
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization tools (i.e. Mode, Tableau, Mixpanel or similar)
- Familiarity with some web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics or similar)
- Experience accessing and manipulating database data using Python preferred
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science, business analytics, or a related field. An advanced degree in a relevant field is a plus
- Hardworking, personable, organized, excellent communicator, critical problem solver
- Ability to work cross-functionally, deal with ambiguity and adopt well to a fast-paced working environment
- Professional, positive, upbeat attitude and a strong desire to learn
What We Offer
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Excellent Medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% premium coverage
- FSA, HSA, Life insurance, and Long-term Disability insurance
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy - work hard and take time off when you need it
- Health & wellness credits, home office set-up support, and internet reimbursements
- Group training and individual professional development programs
- Team activities, game nights, and happy hours
- Weekly insight into company metrics
- Employee Resource Groups (Black Lives Matter at Zumper, [email protected], ZAPIAH: Zumper Asian & Pacific Islander American Heritage, zWomen) that create safe spaces for candid conversations
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. From hubs in Los Angeles, Scottsdale, Chicago, Providence, and Miami to home offices across the US, we are lucky to have a distributed team of 200+ employees.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates individuality and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive equitable employee benefits. (Please contact us to request accommodations).
Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zumper employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.
Show more Show less
Read Full Job Description