Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
This position is a Product Family Owner within the Data and Analytics (DNA) organization leading multiple cross functional product teams supporting the Consumer Banking Product Area. This is a highly visible role helping Discover shift its operating model from project to product orientation and empower Product Owners to define product strategy, vision, and OKRs and execute solution discovery and solution delivery to increase customer value while serving the needs of the business. The role is critical to elevating Discover’s utilization of data and analytic capabilities to ensure the desired outcomes for the products. It is a strategic partner to the Value Stream (VS) - participating in and supporting the goals and priorities of the VS and PF combined.
- Interacts and collaborates with stakeholders on key product considerations and aligns with product vision, features and roadmap. Leverages customer insights, feedback, financials, compliance and risk data to define product features and roadmap in partnership with other SMEs.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objects and Key Results (OKRs) for the product team and ensure alignment with senior leadership (e.g., SPO, Dir, etc.). Creates and/or maintains key product documentation (e.g., customer journey map, technical specs, process mapping, etc.). Identifies and defines key non-functional requirements (e.g., security, availability, performance, etc.) to achieve necessary product metrics. Owns definition of Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and features/user stories for delivery product roadmap; in-line with the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) of the greater product vision outlined by SPO and/or Business Director is the final decision maker for product scope
- Builds product backlog, prioritize its items to achieve Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and continuously keep it up to date. Holds meetings with the product team to continuously update product backlog. Ensures product features and processes align with applicable Discover compliance and risk management standards. Ensures product adheres to the highest quality standards, including releasing security patches not linked to customers.
- Defines functional and non-functional product requirements; ensure completeness; integral and consistent; source of requirements for product team. Creates and validate user story acceptance criteria. Defines and ensures appropriate testing frameworks for product features (e.g., market testing, functional performance, etc.) Works with Data stewards in their respective LOBs to ensure required Data quality controls are identified and implemented. Inspect and evaluate product progress through each iteration.
- Partners with business technology to create technical features that are required to continuously optimize system components and underline infrastructure maintenance.
- Builds a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the product team to make decisions as close to the work as possible. Manage dependencies with other team's functions while identifying, building, and managing strategic partnership across different product teams.
- Escalation for Product Teams, removing blockers, conducting problem solving and ensuring teams are on track
- Collaborate with other PFs within DNA and teams external to DNA, coordinating efforts and initiatives to ensure seamless delivery
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or related
- 8+ years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 10 + years’ experience with Product, Business, Technical, or related
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Leadership experience in Product Management, Product Development, end-to-end Delivery, Business Strategy, and/or Change Management
- Strong change management and influence skills; ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to make courageous recommendations and decisions to drive significant organizational change.
- Experience working with senior leadership of an organization required with excellent oral and written communication skills
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.