Senior PR Manager, Product Communications (Technical Products) at Atlassian
Do you want to be part of an incredible growth company - to have a chance to be a strategist but also do hands-on work that makes an impact on the bottom line? Atlassian is looking for a communications leader to craft and nurture the stories we share with the world. You will drive communications for Atlassian offerings for our core audience of teams in software development and IT functions. You will help us maintain and build upon existing leadership in Agile and DevOps markets, and work on the narratives and tactics to disrupt the IT market. In this role, you'll build the future of Atlassian reputation and act as a strategic communications partner to executives across the company, helping them clearly articulate their vision. You'll be part of a global communications team, reporting to the Head of Product Communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and refresh Atlassian messaging for technical audiences of software development and IT teams in partnership with product marketing stakeholders.
- Develop external communications strategy for core products addressing these markets: Jira Software and Jira Service Management, and execute on it in relevant earned channels, partnering with teams responsible for owned and paid channels in the process.
- Maintain a cadence of activities outside of major launches, with a focus on proactive, thought leadership and competitive depositioning.
- Helping building positioning and differentiated point of view for emerging Atlassian products targeting these markets, such as Compass .
- Coordinating and managing speaking opportunities for executives, including creating positioning, event submissions, and external presentations.
- Contribute to comms team strategy and support cross-product team initiatives such as external events, analyst days, and product launches.
- Provide support on analyst relations activities related to these topics and products.
More about you:
- Minimum of 8 years of communications experience with enterprise technology, in-house or at an agency.
- Ability to build and run communications programs, independently.
- Experience in influencing key decision makers on communications programs.
- Relationships with business and technology journalists and influencers.
- A knack for knowing what will interest media and industry analysts and how to shape messaging for different audiences.
- Top notch decision-making skills: ability to prioritize among competing opportunities and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Great writing skills, with a love for penning messaging platforms, pitches, press releases, and executive speaking points.
- An interest in the latest moves in technology and the future of work.
- High-energy and the ability to be scrappy and multi-task to prioritize high profile projects and juggle urgent inbound requests with ease.
More about our team
Everything we do on the communications team is driven by business impact, and every project has one owner who is empowered as the key decision maker. We determine success metrics up front and restlessly drive towards them. We strive for transparency and awareness in everything we do, but we are comfortable not knowing the details on everything. We embrace our "open company, no bullshit" value and have the grit to tell it like it is. We're good listeners, especially the voice of our customer. We move really fast. We take risks and fail (which is OK!). We take away key lessons to ensure we don't repeat the same mistakes again. We play as a team.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.