Senior Managing Counsel - Document Cloud at Adobe
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe is seeking a hardworking and upbeat attorney to provide legal support for engineering and marketing teams. Adobe Document Cloud includes the world’s leading PDF and electronic signature solutions and helps customers turn manual document processes into efficient digital ones. This position will support engineers and marketing professionals through all stages of development and marketing, from concept to launch. This full-time position would be ideally based in our San Jose, CA office, but remote-work candidates may be considered.
What you'll do
- Support the client teams as they develop and bring to market new technologies and product offerings by helping to identify and resolve privacy, IP, go-to-market and license compliance issues
- Build positive relationships and advise multiple levels of management on legal issues
- Collaborate with subject matter authorities in Adobe's Legal Department, including patent, copyright, privacy, and licensing attorneys
- Draft and close a wide variety of agreements, including inbound and outbound technology licenses, product documentation, and partnership agreements
- Lead product launch processes, including technology release checklists and questionnaires
- Keep abreast of the rapidly changing industry and legal landscape related to issues associated with digital transformation, user-generated content and associated privacy implications and serve as an internal subject matter authority in those areas
- Lead a team of one or more legal professionals; provide mentoring, leadership, and be a general resource for the entire Digital Legal team
What you need to succeed
- The applicants must possess a J.D. Degree, and be an active member of the bar (any jurisdiction).
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant legal experience (e.g., software licensing, supporting clients in the cloud-based services industry, supporting product development involving web and mobile delivered user experiences)
- Experience managing legal professionals
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience negotiating and drafting transactional agreements (preferably software license agreements)
- Expertise in privacy and data security issues, including privacy by design
- Technical background or a geek-level interest in software products and development preferred
- Commitment to providing clients with high-quality and timely legal advice
- Proven creative problem-solving capabilities, good business instincts and the ability to apply common sense to both practical and theoretical advice
- Proven ability to successfully balance and prioritize competing projects/demands
- Desire to make an impact and build an exciting career with our Legal team
- Strong leadership abilities; capable of succinctly framing complex legal issues and communicating effectively with all levels of the organization
A strong sense of humor!