Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Manager, Product Operations
Fastly is looking for a passionate Senior Manager, Product Operations to drive business operations across product development and engineering in our business. This role will partner with leadership in Program Management, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales, Finance and others to develop processes, execute operations, and drive successful business outcomes.
The ideal candidate excels at understanding the business objectives and executing operations to enable Fastly’s teams to deliver products that delight customers. The role will be responsible for establishing product, financial, and technical processes married with data and analytics across the company that build transparency within the organization and enable informed prioritization decisions.
You’ll be a leader at Fastly. You will engage teams to enable our products, platform, and tools to be more powerful and more useful to our customers. You’ll be essential to our success, relied upon by a wide array of individuals and teams. The cadences you lead and data you create will give you a clear line of sight to the benefit delivered to Fastly’s customers, and our bottom line.
This is a role which has an impact on a large number of human lives. We provide a supportive environment with friendly teams, where you can learn and develop. We check our egos at the door. You’ll make sure our customers benefit from services built to the highest standards in the industry. We are a global, distributed team with the dedication and tools in place to make it work.
This position reports into our Senior Director of Program Management.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of Business & Data Analysts who support multiple Fastly Products & Engineering Teams
- Grow individual Business & Data Analysts in their careers and skill development
- Manage multiple key cross-organization processes including Product Lifecycle, Go-To-Market launch, software capitalization, and others
- Work closely with cross-functional resources as primary point of contact to improve communications, enhance visibility, and measure results of different product portfolios
- Participate in regular planning with executive leadership to create meaningful dashboards that drive resource allocation decisions and validate ROI
- Work with teams during quarterly planning to develop common tools, processes, and dashboards
- Ensure timely updates on KPIs from teams including product adoption, delivery quality, and platform health
- Instill discipline and consistency within the Product and Engineering teams in terms of operational methodologies and documentation working with Senior Director & VP level resources
- Lead special efforts as needed and support improvement of team processes
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years proven experience in Business Operations, Product Development & Launch, Data Analytics, and other key functions
- 8+ years of business process improvement, data creation, and executive dashboarding
- 4+ years of experience in developing high performing teams and individuals
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and facilitation skills
- Experience working with distributed teams and remote working environments
- Demonstrated ability to lead team initiatives by influence
- Process and detail oriented, yet comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong sense of ownership with a willingness to go above and beyond to chase down loose ends that lead to successful delivery
- Focus on results and outcome, not just process
- Strong action bias, preference for execution and incremental improvements
- Comfortable with change, multi-tasking and managing priorities with outstanding organizational skills
- Self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress, and an ability to operate autonomously
- Collaborator who can execute whilst building positive relationships, proven capability in reducing organizational impedance, and possesses the appropriate levels of urgency
- Ability to integrate experiences and training to learn new technological paradigms.
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $xxx per year [hourly rate for this role if hired in Colorado is $xx/hr]. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.