Senior Manager, Ancillary Product and Analytics at Carvana
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry, then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now.
Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
We’re looking for a detail oriented, creative and experienced person, preferably with experience in high volume data analytics, to join our Ancillary Products Analytics team as a Senior Manager of Ancillary Product Analytics. Carvana offers several ancillary products as part of our purchase experience, and we are looking for an analytics leader to help optimize the business. You will work cross-functionally with the business team, product, engineering as well as with external partners, to help us glean trends, develop and implement operational efficiencies, and maximize profit; all while providing a differentiated experience for our customers. The role is based at our headquarters in Tempe, Arizona, and will have routine engagement with the Executive team and key decision makers of the Company.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as the analytics leader for all ancillary products offered at Carvana.
- Prepare, maintain, and present on ancillary product performance via monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages.
- Establish KPI’s for each ancillary product, monitor trends in them, and recommend and implement operational changes to optimize customer experience while balancing Company profitability.
- Own near-term and long-range ancillary product profitability forecasts.
- Create, advocate for, and execute upon creative ideas/pilots/tests which challenge the status quo in automotive ancillary product offering.
- Serve as the point of contact for third-party vendors and partners.
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Operations teams to establish and realize the ancillary product roadmap and vision.
- Build, develop, and manage a high-functioning team of financial analysts.
- Ensure robust communication between all teams and stakeholders across the organization.
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience in an Analytics role.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Economics or a related field.
- Strong background in defining, creating, and socializing analytics.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others effectively in a professional, courteous manner.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and building/leading teams.
- Track record of establishing operational and financial metrics, monitoring them, and implementing creative solutions to optimize them.
We’d love it if you also have
- Specific experience in automotive ancillary products preferred, but not required.
What we’ll offer in return
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country and #1 Retailer on Forbes 2022 America’s Best Employers List.
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.