Senior Inbound Product Manager - Web & Analytics Experience at ServiceNow (San Diego, CA)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Come join the Platform Low Code Experience team and work with a talented group of PMs, engineers, designers and researchers to reinvent how work flows through the modern enterprise. Our success is measured in two main ways. First as the underlying set of Platform Web technologies that power and measure the performance of the ServiceNow suite of Web applications. Second, as a development platform to quickly, simply, and intuitively configure existing, or develop completely custom, applications. We create Web Experiences on the Now Platform for developers of all levels of expertise to build and configure modern applications that unlock meaningful value for their organizations. It's our mission to make the developer experience for our customers and partners as exceptional as the experiences they develop for their end-users.
Your mission will be to define and execute on the delivery of core features, capabilities, and components that are the foundation for creating a multitude of diverse, enterprise class, web application solutions that enable "work to flow". Success in this role will be to advance the platform foundation to adapt to and accommodate evolved ways of working in service of internal and external customers who are building specific workflow experience products.
This role is extraordinarily collaborative, working with peer inbound and outbound product managers, customers, engineers, designers, researchers, and other cross functional teams.
This position reports to: Senior Manager of Product Management, Web Experiences.
What you get to do in this role:
- Establish product vision & strategy
- Define roadmap, requirements & product success metrics
- Develop and test innovative product ideas through product experiments, validate assumptions/prototypes with customers
- Enable outbound PMs, Support & Docs teams
- Understand how customers are using the product, pains & gains
- Own detailed competitive analysis for their feature/product
Product Strategy and Planning:
- Define product vision and strategy, user/buyer personas and use cases for platform building blocks
- Collaborate with Customers, Researchers, and Designers on developing and testing innovative product ideas
- Validate and refine product designs/early product offerings through Design Partner Program, PAC, and with other customers directly
- Own product feature-based competitive analysis
- Continually define and groom epic and story product roadmap with 3-4 release horizon
- Engage stakeholders on necessary inputs for product strategy & roadmap, get buy-in, manage communications, expectations and dependencies
Requirements Prioritization & Release Management:
- Gather, prioritize and define requirements (while actively grooming backlog) into executable epics and user stories for engineering
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other BUs to evaluate and manage cross-BU dependencies (both from and to the BU and for features and mandates)
- Create product/feature plans for each release, including acceptance criteria, use cases, success metrics, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering team on release mgmt.: understand status, risks, dependencies and help address risks and resolve issues
- Create base documentation (content and features and delta docs) and enable Outbound PM, Support and Docs team
- Help with press and analyst briefings as needed
- Manage the feedback loop from App BU teams and customers
- Define key product success metrics and ensure they are instrumented & reviewed
- Understand how customers are using the product, gains & pains, reasons for low usage
- Know top 3-5 customers intimately, their specific use cases, gains & pains
- Understand use cases by BU to better serve internal customers
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years of professional experience in product management - at least 5 years in SaaS.
- Strategic mindset: able to drive product strategy that achieves strong customer value and business outcomes; able to make trade-off decisions considering what's desirable, viable and technically feasible
- Technically savvy with experience working with developers and designers to craft delightful customer experiences
- Strong prioritization skills and the discipline to focus on high impact activities.... to do this, you must be good at saying, 'no' and having folks accept it.... to do this, you must be good at articulating how prioritized initiatives will benefit them
- Top notch written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, defining and effectively capturing product requirements and transforming them into an actionable product roadmap
- Customer focus: has deep curiosity about customer needs, as well as a track record in building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Insights development: empathetic around customer problems, able to distill insights into the right product answer and create insightful narrative from customer feedback
- Facilitative leadership skills: can use marketing, product, and business knowledge to inform decisions and communicate effectively with/ influence internal and external parties
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills and a proven process of data-validated, hypothesis-driven, experiment-tested decisions
- Has a track record of productive collaboration with engineers, designers, and other product managers and enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Passion for design thinking, product management best practices and shaping the future of how enterprises will collaborate
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow platform and current applications portfolio is a huge plus.
- Understanding of contemporary software delivery methodologies.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at talent.acqu[email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.