Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world's largest fully remote company .
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
We are looking for a Senior Growth Product Manager to drive the growth of both our freelance talent network and client base. You will partner with our Growth Marketing team and collaborate with teams across the business including Design, Engineering, Marketing, SEO, Operations, and Product Management to rapidly test and iterate on new features.
As a Senior Growth Product Manager, you will lead a team of Growth Product Managers focused on SMB (small- and medium-sized business) Leads, Enterprise Leads, and Talent Network Growth. You will be responsible for shaping product strategies, mentoring Growth Product Managers, and managing stakeholder relationships to ensure smooth product releases that continue to grow the Toptal business. This role will report directly to the Director of Growth Product.
This role involves a mix of leadership and hands-on work. You will also be responsible for generating ideas to acquire new leads and seeing them through to demonstrate impact across the business. While you may not be involved in the day-to-day sprint ceremonies, you're not afraid to jump in and help out in feature development. You are also responsible for ensuring the implementation of the product roadmap, driving brainstorming and experimentation, and executing the vision. We are looking for someone who isn't afraid to present new ideas, drive metrics, and go after bold initiatives. If this sounds like you, come join our Growth Product team! This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Lead 3 growth product teams focused on growing our client base and freelance talent network while delivering on our OKRs and driving sustainable growth for Toptal.
- Mentor and shape Growth Product Managers that report to you by providing ongoing product expertise, processes, and product guidance.
- Continuously formulate and execute a roadmap while working with primary stakeholders, your Growth Product Managers, and the Director of Growth Product.
- Identify growth opportunities in support of Toptal's growing business.
- Facilitate meetings and workshops that drive collaboration, prioritization, and improve impact, ensuring that good decisions get made.
- Establish effective relationships across a wide range of teams in the business.
- Establish a shared understanding of business priorities and strategy within each of your product teams.
- Conduct high-quality and detailed qualitative and quantitative research to evolve and inform the direction of product development.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal - meet the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Partner with the Director of Product to get a fundamental understanding of the vision, strategy, teams, goals, and processes.
- Work closely with your reports focused on freelance talent network growth and client growth
- Explore the history of the product and team including assets, design standards, content strategy, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you can lead. *Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform and product suite.
In the first month, expect to:
- Work alongside the Director of Product on the execution of initiatives, ensuring designs meet requirements, initiatives are well-defined, and everything is delivered to specification.
- Start working with each of your Growth Product Managers to gain an understanding of their current product areas, goals, and metrics - we want you to get acquainted with Toptal processes through doing.
- Begin to dive into user behavior using our analytics tools and platforms to provide insight into the Growth team and your squad to inform the product roadmap.
- Identify areas of growth and opportunities for both your product area and your product team.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Take ownership of your team roadmap, coordinating with senior leadership and stakeholders where necessary.
- Ensure that your teams are appropriately staffed and are collaborating with engineering, design, and content strategy when necessary to recruit and onboard more people.
- Contribute ideas and facilitate workshops and discussions for new experiments and initiatives.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Be able to demonstrate a clear measure of your impact through business results, your partner relationships, and execution excellence.
In the first year, expect to:
- Drive significant impact on client and talent network growth.
See the list below as a guide. We are interested in hearing from intelligent, driven people with prior experience in product management. Does this sound like you? Please apply!
- A BA/BS degree, preferably with a focus on Business or Marketing.
- 5+ years of professional experience in either product management or growth product with solid exposure to product management, meaning you have owned multiple products, brands, or features within your organization.
- 2+ years of people leadership experience within the product and/or growth scope of work and have experience mentoring junior product managers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading design and engineering teams, driving the development of high-quality pages and digital experiences that effectively accomplish business goals while maintaining brand standards.
- Experience with online growth, Lead Acquisition, SEO, and performance marketing is a plus. Intermediate-level quantitative analytics skills, including at least basic SQL skills.
- A knack for building simple and effective user interfaces and the ability to communicate ideas and direction through mockups and wireframes.
- An understanding of design thinking, user research, and user testing.
- An extremely sharp eye for detail and a strong sense of what types of creative products will be both effective for growth and representative of the Toptal brand.
- Ability to thrive in rapidly changing environments, with a strong willingness and ability to eliminate ambiguity and execute.
- You are the type of person that craves accountability rather than shuns it.
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- A background in web development or an understanding of core fundamental concepts would be advantageous.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
For Toptal Use Only: #LI-DNI