Senior Director, Product Management at Acquia
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia's product organization is seeking a Senior Director of Product Management to grow a significant portion of our Marketing Cloud portfolio. This individual would be responsible for developing product strategy across a rolling six to eighteen month time frame defining the approach, managing the financial growth, and ensuring we are constantly focused on solving our customer’s and partner’s hairiest challenges. This individual will work with Technical Leads, Scrum Masters, and Service Engineering Team to build/execute roadmaps, define requirements, establish priorities and optimize the product’s market and technical potential.
Reporting directly to the GM & SVP for Marketing Cloud, you will have the opportunity to build a line of business as Acquia enhances its leadership position in the Digital Experience Platform (DXP) space. This will involve identifying market opportunities, developing a growth strategy and business cases to support that strategy, and execution against objectives. There will be high visibility in this role, as it will involve presentations directly to Acquia’s C-level leadership team and its board to set and align the business on your product strategy. You will be expected to work closely with Product Marketing to develop a go-to-market and expansion strategy and Engineering to deliver high quality products consistently. Lastly, you will also lead enablement efforts across the organization and with our partners ensuring organizational readiness in accordance with roadmap milestones.
Let’s build something great together!
- Work with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders (Operations, Support, etc) to define the product experience, bridging high-level business requirements and functional specifications to ensure clear communication and coordination across business, engineering, operations and support teams
- Develop business case justification and financials to support investments in platform
- Create and manage product roadmap, prioritization, trade offs and constraints
- Communicate roadmap and technical capabilities to customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Assess current and emerging technologies and market/industry trends to inform platform strategy
- Manage a cross functional team that successfully delivers and enables product initiatives across the product development life cycle
- Provide transparency into the product life cycle process by making available progress reports and publishing key performance metrics
- Manage rapid prototyping activities and facilitate data driven decision process while following Lean UX and Agile principles
- Work closely with stakeholders, partners, and customers to understand requirements and priorities
- Identify, assess, manage and escalate risks and impediments, as well as drive and manage change across the board
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions and enact lean agile values and practices.
- Institutionalize best practices for Program Management to ensure consistent delivery of high quality products/solutions that delight our customers and partners
- 10+ years of taking products to market using agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and legacy applications
- Significant experience in real-time personalization, testing and targeting, customer data platforms and big data analytics is required.
- Experience in building AI/ML products from ideation and prototyping through to production
- Experience in writing business cases and creating pricing strategies / models
- Experience in software / technology firms is required, SaaS or PaaS is desirable
- Ability to establish priorities while balancing complex technical and business requirements
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams
- Experience with Cloud technologies, web content management, distributed systems, and the latest trends in digital experience management .
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills with audiences ranging from developer to executive.
- Passion to improve processes, increase velocity, and promote empathetic, collaborative relationships a must
- Experience with FedRAMP, HIPAA, SOC1, SOC2, and other compliance regulations and security protocols a plus
Acquia is proud to provide best-in-class benefits offerings to our employees and their families in maintaining both a healthy body and a healthy mind. Core Benefits include: competitive healthcare coverage, wellness programs, take it when you need it time off, parental leave, recognition programs, and much more!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.