WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Business Systems Operations (BSO) team is responsible for the implementation, management and support of departmental systems that enable critical business units across the company to generate revenue and fuel growth. Our overarching goal is to ensure that our individual systems are not only meeting primary stakeholder needs, but also to ensure that the systems are working together in concert to drive more efficiencies and effectiveness through the entire organization.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
You will be an integral member of the Salesforce team and greater operations team, responsible for the product development lifecycle from the intake and analysis of new ideas and requests to backlog grooming and prioritization, writing requirements, testing, support, training, and documentation. You will work closely with Basis Technologies BSO team and the Program Management and Operations team to provide a seamless experience for Basis technologies Salesforce users and executive stakeholders. You will collaborate with stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, RevOps, Finance, Media Services, Customer Success and Product Support. You will contribute by:
- Intaking and analyzing new ideas, user requests and executive priorities, aligning all work to the Salesforce roadmap, corporate goals and market trends
- Writing story requirements and associated acceptance criteria
- Grooming and prioritizing backlog in JIRA (team management software)
- Ensuring acceptance criteria has been met through testing all user-facing work completed
- Participating in roadmap development and refinement in conjunction with Project Manager
- Planning sprints and releases in conjunction with Project Manager
- Responding to user support requests in SFDC Cases
- Developing and delivering training on new Salesforce features and functionality to internal users (in conjunction with Education & Development team)
- Documenting key decisions, configurations, FAQ, etc. in conjunction with Project Manager
- Completing basic Salesforce admin requests on an as-needed basis (e.g., new user onboarding, data uploading, report creation, field and layout updates, etc.)
- Actively contributing ideas for incremental improvements to all stages of the development process
- Advocate for Salesforce and industry best practices to balance quick results against technical debt
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2-3+ years in a business analyst, product manager/product owner role in a Salesforce or software organization
- Salesforce subject matter expertise
- Demonstrated commitment to research and ongoing education to stay current on Salesforce product enhancements, AppExchange partners and new capabilities
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Strong requirements gathering & documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple project streams at one time
- Curious, innovative, self-starter, organized, creative, calculated risk-taker, detail-oriented, strategic, excellent communicator
- Enterprise level integration experience
- Any Salesforce Certification
- Pardot and Marketing Cloud experience
- Sales/Service Cloud experience
- Experience in project management software (Jira)
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.