Program Lead / Product Manager (Remote) at DNC
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:31 p.m. (CST) on Friday, April 22, 2022
The DNC is investing in an unprecedented scale of in-house national voter contact programs, online engagement and mobilization, and centralized support of on-the-ground state efforts through the 2022 cycle.
In order to efficiently support these programs, and ensure we have an ability to measure what’s working and optimize outreach over time, we are investing in building out the technological infrastructure & analytics capabilities to keep pace with these scaling volunteer engagement & voter contact efforts. We are seeking a collaborative, super organized program manager to support our teams to build out data infrastructure and analytics for DNC organizing programs.
The DNC Tech Team
In its continuing mission to build infrastructure to help Democrats win campaigns up and down the ballot, our data warehouse, early voting data pipelines, voter protection software, and security infrastructure were vital in winning the 2020 election. As we look to the future, we're excited to build on this foundation by supporting the growth of our in-house voter contact programs. This role sits within the tech team and requires deep cross functional collaboration within Tech and across other departments at the DNC, most notably, our political and distributed organizing teams.
Who We Are
We are a fully remote, distributed team living in 19 states and from a variety of backgrounds. Some of us have worked in political campaigns, others in public sector tech, and others in industry. We value diversity in perspective, lived experience, and the many paths one may take into working in political technology. We believe deeply in the promise of breaking the boom-bust cycle of political tech work and building technology infrastructure that will support campaigns from cycle to cycle and will improve with every iteration.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a hyper organized leader who will be able to effectively prioritize and translate requirements from the distributed organizing team and work across the DNC tech team to build and implement scalable solutions that help Democrats leverage data at scale to win in 2022.
You Will ..
- Partner with our distributed organizing team to break down goals, outcomes, and requirements in a way that is translatable to stakeholders and engineers alike.
- Be the primary point of contact for all distributed organizing needs.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and analytics engineers to prioritize and break down work into increments.
- Operate with transparency, clearly communicate outcomes, risks and mitigation strategies to stakeholders and tech team leadership.
- Approach problems with curiosity and humility.
- Exercise sound judgment to balance stakeholder and user expectations.
What we will look for ..
- Typically 2 or more years experience as a product manager, program manager or analytics lead.
- Experience working with software developers, analytics engineers, and product managers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable with one or more of the following: SQL, data architecture, data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, Google Data Studio).
- Are curious, collaborative, and humble – ready to work with a diverse, distributed team to solve interesting problems together.
- Experience managing numerous stakeholders and large cross-functional teams.
- Electoral campaign experience.
What we would be excited to see ..
- Familiarity with DNC tech products and services, including Phoenix our data warehouse; and,
- Experience working with a remote team.
This is a cycle based position with an end date of November 15, 2022.
The salary for the program/product manager is $100,000 on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. This position is not eligible for overtime wages.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employee and dependants.
The DNC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to succeed at the DNC. The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DNC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DNC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. We welcome applicants with questions about accommodations to request to speak with our Human Resources Department. When an applicant with a disability requires an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing our Human Resources Department.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Working from a computer for long periods of time; and,
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders.
You must receive the full course of one of the CDC-recommended vaccinations against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
More Information on DNC
DNC operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Washington, WA. DNC was founded in 1848. It has 556 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Days, Diversity Program. To see all 28 open jobs at DNC, click here.
Read Full Job Description