Product Strategy Operations, Future of Personal Identity at Okta
Today there are millions of websites, mobile apps, and API services in the world, and most of these depend on identity as a key layer to deliver value. However the end user experiences for creating, managing and using one’s identity on these apps and services have not significantly changed in the last two decades. Today, users are still dealing with hundreds of usernames and passwords that effectively proxy their relationships with businesses. As Okta, we believe the users are ready for a better experience, and our goal is to fundamentally rethink and redefine what the future of identity looks like across the Internet.
We are looking for a seasoned and agile product strategy operations leader to create and operationalize the product, business and GTM strategy of Okta’s new consumer products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for bootstrapping & establishing the long term strategic direction of our consumer products in close partnership with product management and marketing teams. You'll bring this direction to life by crafting the strategic narrative, aligning priorities and delivering amazing consumer experiences and business results. You will also structure and drive strategic initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, developing final recommendations, presenting to senior management, and cross-functional stakeholders. Last but not least, you'll work directly with VP-level leaders and operational teams to ensure consumer-facing initiatives across the organization are aligned and executed.
In order to succeed, you need to be well versed in the strategy tools and disciplines through experience in management consulting and/or product strategy experience in Retail/Consumer/E-commerce. This includes performing market research, helping develop and operationalize product & GTM strategy, determining and tracking portfolio of metrics and power data-driven decision making, creating compelling messaging around our product strategy, collaborating with business development on partnerships, and partnering with corporate marketing to target the right buyers and influencers.
You will need to be agile and act as a glue as the teams converge and execute against our goals, which means you need to be comfortable with wearing different hats that the projects at hand require.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of experience in management consultancy, product strategy, product management or product strategy operations for a SaaS, or web services company in consumer space.
- Deep experience in finding, digesting and sharing industry trends and key influencers and then translating these insights into effective strategies and programs which can be executed by the organization.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and alignment across functions.
- Strong research, strategy and analytical skills
- Passion for measurement, metrics, and continuous improvement across the organization. Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels. You can drive effective meetings with marketers, product managers, customers, teammates, and ops leadership and help teams converge.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- The desire and capacity to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or an MBA is a huge plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.