- Verkada is seeking Product Specialists / Evangelists for New Products.
- We are looking for individuals with a technical background who have an interest in connected, smart buildings.
- We are developing networks of sensors, actuators and software platforms designed to transform how we secure and interact with physical assets.
- We are looking for adventurous people who are excited about ideating, testing and evangelizing new technology that impacts every person who works in an office.
- We are looking for people who are highly motivated and can learn quickly.
- Prior experience with IoT devices, databases management, video security systems, or access controls is helpful.
- We have a particular interest in folks who like to work with their hands - tell us about a project that you have tinkered with or a renovation project you’ve worked on.
- This individual will be leading the charge as we take new products to market.
- This includes testing early prototypes at alpha customer sites, interfacing with customers to understand their needs, and partnering with our sales team as we take our prototypes to market.
- Experience scripting in Python or other coding languages.
- Strong understanding of Linux & SQL.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Networking fundamentals: VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, and software systems.
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn
- Genuine excitement for software + hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Excellent account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field from an accredited university.
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
- Hands on experience with Raspberry Pi is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits