Uniphore, an early leader in Conversational Service Automation (CSA), is looking for a Product Support Engineer with scripting knowledge in shell scripts, perl, python and basic knowledge of cloud services, SaaS models, and client-server systems. In this role, you will support the Uniphore teams in operations, quality assurance, engineering and product management to resolve issues and develop product enhancements. You will also directly with customers to understand problem areas or improvement aspects and develop and implement solutions through product, process, systems. This is a great time to get in at the ground floor and grow with the leader in AI.
- Provide, best in class product support to Uniphore’s customers you are expected to adhere to the obligations defined in the support agreements and ensure that support tickets are resolved to the satisfaction of the customers, ensure adherence to SLAs and drive high customer satisfaction.
- Perform L2 application support which involves responding to customer tickets or inquiries, conduct required technical troubleshooting, root cause analysis and successful closure of the ticket
- Interact with customers to understand problem area, analyze the issue, and provide necessary configuration assistance or technical fixes. Conduct technical or non-technical presentations to the customer providing necessary guidance or issue resolution.
- Take ownership of tickets assigned, from the acknowledgement stage to the final resolution of the ticket. Escalate to L3 or dependent teams when required and collaborate with them to identify the root cause and suitable resolution.
- Recommend and implement process or system changes to improve quality of support.
- Handle multiple accounts simultaneously, guide junior team members and assist in resolving complex issues.
- Work closely with customers, partners, and other business units to ensure customer engagements are successful.
- Occasional travel to customer site to perform onsite support, deliver or receive training and for other internal or external engagements.
- When warranted this role might involve working in a 24x7 model to resolve high severity issues. Candidate is expected to be flexible working in shifts or on call shifts based on business requirements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science, Information Technology or comparable fields.
- Minimum 6 year of relevant experience in IT product support team.
- Hands-on experience on production systems, identifying and troubleshooting application problems, has executed system and application configurations, and planned and executed application maintenance tasks.
- Has been in a customer facing role while providing L2 application support service.
- Experience in Contact Center technologies will be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Linux, CentOS and Windows operating systems.
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL queries, MongoDB and PostgresSQL.
- Hands-on experience in scripting such as shell scripts or python.
- Hands-on experience on data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, Qlikview.
- Hands-on experience in service management or incident tracking tools like Jira Service Desk, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical solution and configuration assistance to customers with respect to Uniphore products.
- Manage and provide support services to multiple production instances across customers and products simultaneously.
- Develop deep understanding of Uniphore products and learn new technologies supported at Uniphore.
- Provide L2 application support remotely over phone, email or via ticketing system as per obligated SLAs and if required conduct onsite support.
- Prioritize and manage assigned support tickets while adhering to SLA.
- Conduct thorough analysis of problem or ticket, reproduce the scenario if necessary, design a workaround or resolution, test the potential fix on non-production environment and execute the resolution steps on Production system after conducting the necessary impact analysis and due diligence.
- Escalate tickets to the appropriate teams and conduct necessary war room meetings or calls for Severity 1 and 2 tickets to arrive at a resolution with a sense of urgency.
- Record, track and document the problem-solving process and final resolution. Conduct and prepare root cause analysis and post incident report documents and activities.
- Plan, schedule and execute maintenance tasks based on frequency. Conduct periodic health check activities.
- Test fixes and beta version of the application and ensure reported problems have been resolved.
- Report key ticket statistics and identify areas that can help improve turnaround time, quality of resolution. Document corresponding SOP or articles
- Contribute to the overall learning and development of team by conducting internal training sessions, writing articles to knowledge bank.
- Train and guide lesser experienced team members and assist in resolving complex tickets.
- Collaborate with Customer Success teams and contribute to the service improvement plan or continual service improvement programs to achieve higher customer satisfaction scores.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to think analytically, define problem and frame solutions.
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting and problem resolutions.
- Hands-on experience in Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Ability to continually look to improve current processes or systems for providing better customer support.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Motivated self-starter and self-leaner and has a customer centric mindset.
- Ability to collaborate with various teams across geographies.
- Ability to build effective relationship with customers.
- Hands-on experience in interacting with customers and communicating ticket updates, resolution procedures and participate in escalation meetings and calls.
- Able to effectively perform when under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to work independently and is a team player.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), presentation and influencing skills.
Good to have Skills:
- Certifications: ITIL v3 or higher
- Knowledge of PCI DSS or ISO 27001 or GDPR compliance policies.
Uniphore is the global leader in Conversational Service Automation. The Company’s vision is to disrupt an outdated customer service model by bridging the gap between human and machine using voice, AI and automation to ensure that every voice, on every call, is truly heard. Uniphore enables businesses globally to deliver transformational customer service by providing an automation platform where digital agents take over transactional conversations from humans, coach agents during calls, and accurately predict language, emotion and intent. All in real-time. With Conversational Service Automation, enterprises can now engage their customers to effectively build loyalty, improve customer experience and realize operational efficiencies.
Uniphore is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
For more information on how Uniphore delivers business value using Conversational Service Automation, please visit www.uniphore.com
Read Full Job Description