Product Security Lead at Cox Enterprises (New Orleans, LA)
Most of us grew up with big dreams about changing the world. Isn't it exciting to think that you could still have the opportunity to do just that?
The Cox Communication (CCI) Product Security team is looking for a Product Security Lead to drive the next evolution in securing our products to protect our customers for cyber threats. You'll provide thought leadership and be responsible for the security of the product development lifecycle. You bring the talent and the ingenuity; we'll bring the technology and the great workplace environment. Ready to partner with people who care as much about your future as you do? If so, keep reading!
What You'll Do
You'll be a key part of our broader initiative: to secure our product portfolio and protect our customers from cyber threats. You'll support various development teams while using a risk-centric approach. Additionally, you'll provide security consulting. Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting the release of products while following our product security program.
- Bringing together product development teams and cyber security to achieve a high level of cyber security quality.
- Supporting efforts to institutionalize secure product lifecycle practices.
- Institutionalize practices to identify and quantify cyber risk within our products.
- Engaging with other information security teams to create action plans based on results of product security reviews.
- Supporting initiatives to maintain a product inventory, lifecycle status, risk profile and remediation.
- Maintaining relationships with the technical product security testing teams.
- Providing insights into the maintenance of product security procedures, directives, and technology controls.
- Drive integration of Product Security Program initiatives into relevant stages of the product development lifecycle
- Ensuring information security artifacts align with industry standards or regulatory requirements.
- Providing guidance to prioritize cyber-risk remediation and mitigation activities.
- Supporting efforts to maintain and report product security metrics throughout the development life cycle.
- Maintaining current knowledge on security best practices, procedures, directives and technology controls.
- Providing training, coaching, and consultation on secure development practices to the business and product development teams.
- Communicating with business unit leadership on matters related to security risk within products.
What's In It For Me?
Our lives contain a lot of moving parts. At Cox, our best-in-class benefits package and award-winning employee culture give you peace of mind, knowing that you and your family have a wide range of options for the best care available.
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We're all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone...including you!
- Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you'll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention, innovation and investment.
- We all have lives and responsibilities outside of work. We have an exceptional work/life balance at Cox, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies.
- We show our appreciation for our talent with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus and incentive plans.
- How does a great healthcare benefits package from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent - please click on the link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our remarkable healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets.
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Looking to grow your family? You'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that and offer paid hours to do so.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.
At Cox, our priority is our people. Your and your family's needs are important, and we offer a wide variety of choices to meet those needs.
Put simply, you're a game-changer. You set a great example for others and are a natural leader. You know all about the current infosec industry trends and threat landscape. You also have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 6 years' experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master's degree and 4 years' experience; a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience; or 18 years' experience in a related field
- 4+ years of experience in product development or product lifecycle management.
- 4+ years of experience with information security controls or security risk management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- The ability to translate business objectives into cybersecurity terms and vice versa.
- A master's degree in computer science, cybersecurity or a related field.
- Experience conducting security product reviews.
- Experience creating executive level presentations.
- Experience with both automated and manual secure code reviews.
- Understanding of "secure by design" principles and secure development.
- Knowledge of current cybersecurity trends and remediation or mitigation approaches.
- Certification related to information security and privacy (CSSLP, CISSP, etc.)
- Telecom/cable industry experience.
- Experience releasing products that balance business objectives and technical features while mitigating cyber risk.
Be a force for change in your life, your career and the world. Apply today!
USD 105,700.00 - 176,100.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.