Product QA Analyst, Partnerships at Square (Remote)
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Partnerships Team is responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of Square’s Partnership strategy globally. This includes working closely with our product and platform teams to develop strategy and partner-facing experiences, developing relationships with external and internal parties, and executing the deployment and ongoing growth of partnerships across a cross-functional team within Square.
We are looking for an Integration Quality Analyst to work with partners and cross-functional teams to rapidly execute tests to evaluate the quality of partner integrations to Square APIs. The successful candidate will have experience in 1/ technical projects inside an enterprise organization, 2/ managing many concurrent work streams with short timelines, and 3/ coordinating with cross-functional technical teams. You’ll be comfortable dealing with external-facing technical projects, web application development basics, and repeatable processes. The position reports to a Partner Launch Lead, Rachel Kam.
- Execute quality assurance testing during the launch of integrations with partners of all sizes, including web application, API functionality, and usability components.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure high quality of integrations and mitigate launch blockers and dependencies.
- Manage concurrent projects with different timelines and priority needs
- Document integration issues and recommended solutions, reporting back to internal stakeholders and partners.
A career that demonstrates exceptional success. On the Partnerships team, we’re looking for motivated, mission-driven individuals who have shown that they have been successful in previous roles.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in technical product and/or user testing
- Familiarity with web technologies like HTTP, HTML, APIs, and web services
- Experience working in Agile processes
- Experience working cross-functionally in technical organization
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira tools is a plus
- Experience with Agile project management is a plus
- An ability to work autonomously with strong motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- A BA/BS or relevant experience
- Excellent problem solver, multitasker, and communicator
- A motivator and influencer of cross-functional stakeholders, able to direct team members and external partners in order to deliver on the defined strategy
- Passionate product-minded tinkerer focused on customer and stakeholder experience and goal attainment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.