PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Owner - San Mateo
We are looking for an energetic Product Owner who can fully understand and analyze both internal and external customer needs and then articulate those needs to the development team via user stories. As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team, you will serve as the interface between our customers and your development team throughout the planning and software development process. Reporting to the Senior Director of Consumer Experience Innovation, the Product Owner will collaborate with global partners to build optimal experiences for our customersResponsibilities:
- Coordinate training of end users on products
- Lead all aspects of creation of all tool and service documentation, from test plans, to craft documentation, user guides, and reference materials
- Provide concise, detailed and timely product communication to partners at regular intervals
- Capture requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis, task analysis, and/or workflow analysis
- Elicit and distill business needs, and relay to the team with clarity
- Build complete user stories by evaluating information captured from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts where appropriate
- Resolve conflicts and broker agreement between partners with conflicting requirements or goals
- Ensure the whole team backlog and road map is maintained, led and prioritized effectively
- Ensure consistent and predictable release of software, with appropriately insightful release notes
- Conduct periodic service / system utilization/heath check-ins to confirm adoption and realization of return on investment
- Define and optimizing workflow processes; utilize value stream mapping to identify process efficiency
- Perform Agile Product Management duties including sprint planning, product demos and release communication, product roadmap planning and strategy development, and continuous partner management
- Work with team members to investigate, analyze, evaluate, and estimate costs/benefits of existing and for future business systems/process changes
- Prepare new software projects during initiation – strategic frame of reference, greenlight preparation, presentation and approval
- Ensure suitable initiatives are presented to the Governance Board and guided through our R&D and project processes
- Coach all team members and partners on Agile practices. Assess teams against Agile practices and provide recommended improvements
- Collaborate closely with business partners to assist with engineering service design, including SLA’s, service scope, and supporting documentation
- Assist with the process design and documentation of new services and extract feedback on existing services and identify improvement points
- Remove team/productivity impediments
- Primary interfaces:
- Engineering and Certification Services
- Test Services; Support Services
- Developers & Producer/s
- IT Support Group (PDIT)
- PDC product and development group
- 3 -5 years of product management experience
- Experience working in agile project environment
- Highly motivated, autonomous and proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Able to work successfully in cross-functional team environments and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Be able to conduct presentations, meetings and scrums in a professional manner
- Impeccable organizational skills, time management and the ability to think on your feet
- Ability to effectively articulate sophisticated ideas and concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technical experience and seniority within the organisation
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Comprehensive analytical and research skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Proven global operator, with experience working with a diverse range of partners and audiences within a matrix organisation
- Experience of global agile projects
- Prior software engineering experience or education
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) and Salesforce Service Cloud is a plus
- Broad knowledge/interest of the games industry
- Strong business writing skills to aid in the development of training manuals, presentation materials and system documentation
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.